Chapter Twenty

"Are you ready L/N?!" Ibuki smiled at you.

"Yeah, this-this'll be so much fun," you smiled. "I have a swimsuit and everything. I'll meet you all at the diner. Sound good?" You smiled.

"Sounds great!! See you there!!" Ibuki grinned as she ran back to her cottage as you closed your door. Today you were meeting up with the girls to go swimming at the beach. A happy smile on your face as you got changed and hooked your stuffed animal into your bag. Thankfully, Mahiru made a seatbelt for it and Peko had found the right color to go with your bag. They were great!
(Swimsuit is one of the three above in whatever color you want i just had fun finding them. They relate to this in no way)

You smiled happily as you put your bag on before walking out of your cottage. You hummed softly as you walked across the bridge to get to the diner, looking out at the ocean with a soft sigh.

"L/N? Why aren't you wearing shoes?" Chiaki asked as she walked over.

"I left them at the pool the other night and when I went back to get them this morning there was only the left one. Someone stole my right shoe. Like why the right one? Why not both?" You pouted.

"That is weird," she agreed as the two of you walked to the diner.

"I know right!" You pouted as you walked into the diner.

"L/N?" Kazuichi exclaimed, blushing brightly as he looked at you.

"Hi Kazu, hi Hajime!" You smiled brightly. "Did you guys see who took my shoe? It's kinda sorta missing," you pouted.

"No we didn't," Hajime said as he shook his head.

"Hey sorry I'm late," someone said as you turned around.
(Yes I'm leaving out the Chiaki boob talk it made me uncomfy)

"Akane! You're bleeding!" You squeaked.

"I saw th' man and I just had to fight him!" Akane exclaimed.

"Sit down! Let's get Mikan to help clean you up!" You said as you ushered her to sit down.

"You're all so loud," a voice said.

"Peko!" You smiled. "Awwww you went swimming without me."

"I was looking to see if I could reach other islands," Peko said.

"So noble," you giggled softly.

"Sorry I'm late everyone!" Sonia exclaimed as she walked in.

"Hi Sonia!" You smiled brightly.

"Ah! Hi Y/N! What are these two doing here?" Sonia asked, glancing at Kazuichi and Hajime.

"Hajime and I were planning to head to the beach but we wanted to eat first," Kazuichi smiled brightly.

"Well we can't turn them away now," Sonia said softly.

"We'll be heading to the beach house!" Kazuichi grinned as he walked away.

"U-uh yeah. Sorry!" Hajime stammered, a light blush on his face after he ran out.

"Does your stuffed animal have a seatbelt?! That's so cute!" Ibuki smiled at you.

"Yeah! Peko picked out the color to match my backpack and Mahiru helped sew it on!" You smiled brightly. "It's too bad she couldn't be here! It would've been fun!"

"She may be setting something up. She cares a lot about us," Chiaki said softly before the screen turned on.

"A body has been discovered. After a certain amount of time a class trial will begin!" Monokuma announced as your face paled.

"A body?!" Mikan cried.

"Where? Where is everyone?" You asked worried as you ran outside. "Monomi!" You yelled before the bunny popped up.

"Y-yes?" Monomi asked.

"Where was the body found? Where is everyone?!" You asked, the girls standing behind you.

"The beach house," Monomi told you as you nodded and ran in the direction of the beach house. You pushed against the door but it wouldn't budge.

"The back entrance," Chiaki said softly. You nodded quickly as you ran around the building and opened the door.

Across from you sat the body of your beloved mom friend. Mahiru Koizume. A cry escaped your lips as you looked at her body propped up against the door you tried entering, blood smears near her body, a baseball bat on the ground, and...

Your missing shoe on the ground beside the body.

Fuck.