Chapter Ten

"If I may start from the conclusion...you are completely correct! That's right, everything was my doing! It was me who set up the knife under the table before the party started. It was also me who used the power cord to find the table in the dark. And it was also me who set up that power outage in the first place, of course. I mean, I couldn't just go and grab that knife while everyone was watching, could I?" Nagito asked with a crazed grin.

"H-his character's completely broken down, hasn't it?" Ibuki asked.

"But, I never imagined Togami would go as far as bringing in night vision goggles. Thanks to that, we encountered each other under the table. And you know how that ended. But, I guess you could say that thanks to that unexpected occurrence, you had this interesting mystery to solve! Ha ha! That sure was a splendid performance from Togami!" Nagito exclaimed.

"G-give me a break! S-seriously, what the hell?!" Kazuichi exclaimed.

"Is this what you're really like? Have you been deceiving us all this time?" Mahiru asked.

"I haven't bern deceiving anyone! There's no way I could deceive you guys! I know better than anyone that I'm a lowly, good for nothing human being. Harboring my own hopes and dreams would be presumptuous. Striving to exert myself would be...impertinent. Yes, that's good the kind of decidedly inferior, foolish human being I am. The lowliest, worst kind of incompetent human being," Nagito grinned.

"What a mood," you sighed.

"Oh no! This man is definitely the type who killed animals in his neighborhood when he was a kid!" Ibuki exclaimed nervously.

"The type who watches 'Friday the 13th' with a gleam in his eyes, just like me," Sonia added.

"Bit of an unexpected hobby you have there, but I guess now's not the time," Kazuichi laughed nervously.

"Nagito. If everything is indeed your doing, does that include the threatening letter?" Nekomaru asked.

"Of course. Who else but me could have this ugly, careless handwriting?" Nagito asked.

"Mood," you said again.

"But why did you send a warning?" Hiyoko asked.

"Perhaps...somewhere deep in my heart, I was looking for someone to stop my dark deeds. If I told you that was my reason, that would get me a little sympathy from everyone, wouldn't it?" He laughed.

"Are you making fun of us?!" Akane hissed.

"Nagito probably sent the threat to Togami in order to lead to his actions. And so, he managed to lead not only Togami but everyone else to the scene of the murder. Am I wrong?" Chiaki asked.

"Now that you mention it. It was the same when I went to guard the case. It was Nagito who suggested I use the office," Peko said.

"I see...if big sis Peko went to the storage room, he wouldn't have been able to use the iron setup anymore," Hiyoko said.

"Both the threatening letter and that suggestion were all manipulations leading us to his trap," Peko sighed.

"Yes, you're all correct. Except for one point," Nagito smiled.

"H-huh? What have we got wrong?" Mikan asked.

"It's the lots we drew to decide on cleaning duty. You said I set that up ahead of time with (Y/N) but I didn't," he said.

"Then how did you manage to pull the chopstick that gave you cleaning duty?!" Mahiru asked.

"I see...of course you don't remember. Why would you remember the useless talent of someone as lowly as me?" Nagito asked.