𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Start from the beginning

Unable to speak and ask anyone anything on the street, she quickly walked into a diner.

Something in the air felt different. All chatter had ceased as soon as she walked in. Was it the bandage on her neck? It sure looked weird. Maybe just the fact that she was so disheveled. She looked to the man serving food, and to her surprise, he pointed to a sign.

We Serve Whites Only.

Where and when was she now?

~  ☂︎︎  ~

1962

𝙏𝙄𝙈𝙀 𝙏𝙍𝘼𝙑𝙀𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂 is a bitch.

I honestly thought the most nauseous I could get was my first time falling through a shadow. It was a complete accident. I was training with Diego and needed a quick escape. Like a light switch went off somewhere, I was suddenly falling back into this deep dark void. I struggled and grasped for anything to pull me out. And then I did, only to reappear in Reginald's office. The look on his face was the most emotion I had ever seen, if one counts shock as an emotion.

I then proceeded to throw up. After a few days of rest, I was immediately tested. Obviously, this new skill could be very useful. And it was. Two kids who could teleport was probably the best thing to come to the Academy. You have no idea how much easier it was to accomplish things, and how fast Five and I could do it. We were a good team.

Back to time travel, it fucking sucks. I don't like it, and I know we'll have to do it again. This felt weird, as if the shadow void I was used to was suddenly blue. The nausea was hitting me so hard, I tried to grasp on to Five's hand, but felt myself slipping.

"Five! Five!"

I yelled, but no response. It's not like I could hear much anyway in whatever this is. It felt different than Five's normal jumps. Those were more here one moment, there the next. This was like a long journey, tumbling and floating in a giant vortex.

The next thing I knew, I was being pushed out of the portal. I landed and rolled into a standing position.

"Oh shit!"

I heard a thud and saw Luther land on top of a dumpster next to me. Rolling my eyes, I viewed my surroundings. We had landed in an alleyway. It was dark out, not necessarily night time, but gray clouds covered the sky. The rain was pelting and I soon became soaked. I looked up to see the glowing portal still hanging over our heads, but it soon closed and disappeared as if it were never there.

I began to walk out of the alley, Luther stumbling behind me.

"Diego! Five!"

"Luther! Just shut up, I don't think they're here. We need to figure where we are."

"Allison!"

I saw a quick flash, not big enough to be the portal, but enough to be suspicious. I heard a click and looked up to the roof. There was equipment up there, but I couldn't see anyone. I left it alone, I had bigger problems at the moment.

"Allison!"

I looked over to see a homeless man shouting alongside Luther.

"Allis-"

Luther stopped once he noticed the man next to him. "Allison!"

I continued to make my way through the street. So. When the fuck are we?

~  ☂︎︎  ~

September 1, 1963