Chapter 26

The two young Gilmore girls sat on their couch as the television played a rerun of the Brady bunch while they did their homework.

Metztli had her nose buried in her textbook as she took notes of the principles of physics and equations that went with them. Her sister sat beside her with a nose in her book as their mother barged in with three bags of takeout from Al's.

"Dinner!" Lorelai announced as she extended out the bags. The two girls jumped up from the couch and rushed over to their mother. Both girls were incredibly hungry since there wasn't much food in the house," We are so in luck. It was an international grab bag night at Al's." Lorelai informed as she looked up at her daughters with an innocent look. 

Metztli raised her eyebrow at her mother knowing the food that she brought was going to be far from appetizing. 

"Cool. Did you peek?" Rory asked as she glanced down at the bags. 

" And ruin the whole point of the mystery dinner? I think not," Lorelai said as she extended the bag to the two girls," Pick."

The two sisters glanced at each other before grabbing a random bag.

" This one," Metztli mumbled as she grabbed the bag that was in the middle while her sister grabbed the one on the right. 

"Okay. I love this. It's food and a game all in one. Now we open them at the same time." 

"We know the rules."

" Yeah. this ain't our first rodeo." Metztli added as she pulled the bag up to her nose in an attempt to figure out the food she randomly picked.

" And do not jump the gun," Lorelai exclaimed as she eyed both of her girls sternly. 

" There's a lot of pressure associated with an international grab bag night," Rory told her mother.

" Well, I am your mother, it is my responsibility to give you two structure. Now, on three – one, two, three. " All three Gilmores opened their bags at the same time. Metztli looked down and a gush of smell hit her nose. 

" I got Indian." Metztli smiled as she looked between her mother and sister. 

"Hm, Moroccan."

"You always say Moroccan." Lorelai waved off as she smelled the food in her bag not sure where it was supposed to be from.

" And sooner or later, I will be right. What's yours?" Rory asked as she looked at her mother.

" Pan-Asian, with a hint of English Colonial, and a few South African influences." 

" Very multi-cultural." Metztli chuckled. 

"Way to hedge your bet. Kitchen?"

 "Just let me check the machine."

The two young Gilmores walked into the kitchen and pulled out the takeout food from the bag and placed them on the table.

Metztli opened the first container of her food and was met with a dish of butter chicken. Only it seemed like it was an attempt to make butter chicken as it held a weird smell to it.