Chapter 18

The first couple weeks of summer consisted of Metztli Gilmore Morales sneaking around with her secret boyfriend, Jess Mariano.

After the wedding, Metztli called Jess at one in the morning and asked him to meet her at their bridge.
Metztli successfully sneaked out the window without her older sister waking up and urgently speed walked to the bridge.
When she arrived; Jess was already waiting for her as he sat there looking at his shoes.
Metztli sat beside him.

"Hey."

"Hi."

The two teenagers spend the rest of their time talking about anything else in the world and kept stalling the conversation they needed to have.

"Jess?"

" Yeah?"

" What are we?" Metztli asked nervously. She started to fidget with the sleeves of her sweater as her eyes looked away from his and stared at the calming water hoping to ease her mind from all the bad scenarios flowing in her head of Jess rejecting her.

" I don't know. " Jess started. He noticed Metztli's nervous state and without thinking he reached out and intertwined his hands with hers. Pausing her fidgeting. "But I do know I like you."
Metztli's gaze went back to Jess. The ends of her mouth lifted as she quickly glanced at their interlocked hands.

" I like you too," Metztli confessed.
A small weight lifted off her shoulders. " And I think we kinda crossed the friend line," Metztli added causing Jess to laugh.

" Were definitely passed being friends." Jess agreed.

" So..." Metztli trailed off and looked up at Jess questionably.

Jess didn't say anything. He leaned in carefully and kissed the girl.
Her lips were soft against his like cotton candy; and just as sweet as he melted into the kiss.
Metztli lifted her hand and entangled her fingers into Jess's hair as she pulled him closer to her.

Jess was the first to pull away, both teens breathing heavily but not once breaking eye contact.

" I want you," Jess said between breaths.
Metztli smiled at him as a euphoric feeling washed over the young girl.

" I want you too."

The anxiety and stress of their relationship went away but was replaced with a whole new worry once someone came to mind.
" Oh, no....my mother. " Metztli said with a big sigh.
She knew that Lorelai Gilmore would freak out once she finds out her youngest daughter is dating a boy she disapproves of.
Who knows what Lorelai would do and Metztli didn't want to find out because when Lorelai gets mad she becomes scary.

" What about your mother?" Jess asked confused.

" Just for now I don't want her to know about us." Metztli expressed to him.

Jess agreed realizing that the Lorelai Gilmore would probably not approve." Adds to the fun," Jess said as he leaned in once again.

Their summer then consisted of sneaking around. They would go to their bridge any other day and hold picnics or simply read, Or in Metztli's case paint, they would also steal glances at each other every time Metztli went to eat at Luke's.
During the times she had dance practice at Miss Patty's to get herself ready for auditions that were coming up; Jess would casual catch glimpses of her dancing and bring her some water in case she needed it.