part two

ANDREW

"Your new personal assistant is here," I looked up to see my secretary standing in the doorway of my office with a smile on her face. The only reason she was here was because she was something decent to look at and she was pretty decent fuck after a few drinks.

"Personal assistant?" I asked. There had been no mention that I would be gaining a personal assistant and I certainly didn't employ one for myself. I much preferred to work alone and I didn't need some woman coming in here with the intention of changing that.

I had left that life behind me for a reason. I don't deal well with being told what to do and when to do it.

"Yes. The Board thought you could use some help, so they employed one for you," Jenni replied still with that damn smile on her face. She didn't even flinch when I stood up from my desk and walked over to where she was standing.

Her being five foot one and me being a little over six foot five did have its advantages. Even with her heels on she barely made it past my shoulders, so intimidating her was easily done, but she wasn't one to back down. She had been in my bed enough times to be able to see past whatever emotion I was showing on the outside.

"I suppose you had better send her in," I sighed. I didn't bother sitting back behind my desk. If I was going to have a personal assistant then I was going to show her who was in charge, she followed my rules, not the other way round.

Jenni disappeared out of the office, her heels against the wooden floor being the only thing I could hear and it barely thirty seconds later that she was returning, the girl hot on her heels as they walked into the office. I thought that I was managing just fine on my own, especially with the all the work I had been juggling since the day I took over, but the Board were never happy.

It didn't seem to matter what I did, they were never happy with me. When I became CEO of this company, we were making no money and were just days from declaring bankruptcy. It was me who pulled the company back from the edge and made out name in the business world. It was down to the things I had done that Collins' Holdings Inc. have become one of the biggest rising companies in communications technologies across the world.

At twenty-six, I had the company forced on me. It didn't matter that I was about to be married and a father at that time, this was the life I was told I had to take and that there was no time for family in a world like this. It was for that reason that I lost both my fiancé and my child – even with the number of people I had hired to find them, they had never had any such luck.

Now, at thirty, I didn't need some ditzy twenty-one year old tell me what to do. I wanted that even less since it would only involve her trying to get my money and, if she wasn't interested in that, she was only going to want to get into my pants.

I didn't need some woman telling me what the hell to do in my own office. In fact, the only time I ever wanted something to do with the female population was when they were screaming my name as I fucked them. Other than that, I didn't have the time to be dealing with them.

"Alyssa Lopez, this is Andrew Collins. Mr Collins, this is Alyssa Lopez. Your new personal assistant," Jenni introduced the both of us.

As I looked her up and down, I quickly realised that she wasn't going to be too much trouble for me. She didn't look like the sort of person who was going to try her luck at sleeping with me before the end of her first day and, from the grim expression covering her face, I would say she didn't want to be here in the first place.

Her outfit certainly didn't scream personal assistant. It was more an 'I sit in the park drinking Vodka from the bottle at the weekend' look which she had going on. I was shocked that this was the woman they had picked to work with me.