"Marshall wait up-" Mariah nearly bumped into him as he had stopped running and stood still, speechless.

They were on the next block, people were surrounding the area and police yelled for people to move back.

"Oh my.." Ryleigh covered her mouth and stepped back, almost bumping into Naija who stood behind everyone.

There laid her aunt and uncle, toppled over each other in a pool of blood. They had gunshot wounds to the head and to the thighs—dead.

Stretchers and ambulances surrounded the area. "Move back!" Police ordered. "Those my parents!" Marshall raised his voice, pushing past the crowd.

Mariah and Ryleigh were in tears and all Tyson could do was stare into a daze. He was in shock.

Naija instantly began to feel sick as the blood seeping from their bodies ran down the sidewalk and she stepped away, throwing up into the grass.

The group of teenagers were now left alone—feeling the wrath of the streets.

    Naija woke up from her sleep, breathing heavily. She had her hand to her chest as she looked around the dimmed room.

It's now her fourth day staying at Michael's place and every now and then wakes up at random times due to unwanted dreams and memories. He had sacrificed himself to take the couch for a while and soon it got annoying, mainly because it isn't as comfortable as a bed.

She eased off of the bed as it was just 9am. She heard Bear barking from the kitchen which probably meant Michael was also awake.

She stopped to brush her teeth before continuing on to the kitchen and she paused behind the wall like she always did. He was filling Bear's bowls up with food and water while fussing as always

"Bear you can't be jumpin' on me 'n shit when I'm sleepin'. You really think you grown wit' that shit. I may be sleepin' on da couch right now but you needa chill yo ass out." He muttered.

Naija cleared her throat, making him turn around and look at her for a second. "Figured you'd wake up right about now." He uttered under his breath.

The topic of figuring out what to do with her never came up for a couple days, so she was still here and dwelling. "Watchu wanna eat, jit?" He asked, opening his pantry which pretty much just had more snacks than food.

She rubbed her hand on her forearm and shrugged lightly. "W-whatever you have."

Although it's been about 5 days knowing him, she was still shy and cautious around him. He cocked a brow and turned to face her again. "So you want either some stale strawberry poptarts or some bagels without no cream cheese 'n shit?" He asked

Her silence made him laugh lightly and nod his head. "Thass what I thought. Make yo own decisions, ma. I needa go shoppin' anyways." He shook his head.

She kept her thick legs crossed, leaning against the fridge. "And you need more clothes. ASAP." He added

She had been wearing his oversized shirts a lot now. Before, it was just his plain ones but now she searched through his actual closet and brought out his graphic ones with words or designs on them.