Chapter Eleven

LUKE'S POV

The name Rivers pack was one I was very familiar yet right from when I was a pup. Ryan and I even though we weren't as close as our parents were still friends. Constant visits to each other's pack made us know so much about each.

For so long, I have been secretly jealous of Ryan because while I couldn't be with my mate, he got a beautiful tough mate. He was even the father of a pup.

How could Ryan lie to us? Not just Ryan, his parents too?

I can't believed he lied to all of us claiming Beth was his mate. Even in my jealousy, I was so happy but it all turned out to be a lie. I never expected there was a bigger story behind it. He rejected his own true mate and then banished just because he didn't want her.

Oh shit

I seem to have forgotten something important.

Ryan was coming over to visit in a few months time. I can already forsee tension during that period since Ryan was coming with his son and Beth. Since our father's met in Alpha camp they have been best of friends. They both started a tradition where they took their families to visit each other's pack once every year. It was always rotated and this year, it was their turn to come over.

Thinking about it, how come i never stumbled upon Amelia when i went over there. It could be that she was always busy or in hiding since she didn't have a lot of friends in the pack. It could also be that Ryan intentionally stirred clear of the pack's misfits. I remember clearly that he would never let me go to any place he didn't like and only took me to places he deemed appropriate.

Maybe if i had gone to his pack on the day he turned 20 then i would have found out the issue with his true mate earlier. Maybe I could have taken Amelia with me after the embarrassment.

I am 100% certain that I'm going to have a long talk with him when he gets here.

I pushed all Ryan related matters to the back of my mind. The days i've spent with Amelia has been by far the best. She was one of the most beautiful shewolves i have ever seen, after my mother ofcourse. I loved the way her eyes sparkled everytime she laughed. Her laugh was a melody on its own. She was so fucking beautiful when she talked about happy memories from her childhood. I was falling for her fast and i was happy for once since Lucy died. I didn't forget Lucy, i still loved her but i needed to move on and be happy again. I couldn't let myself decay in pain over her loss. I craved another chance at happiness. Even my wolf was falling in love. He told me her wolf was absent but he didn't mind, he was happy and willing to wait. I could always feel him trying to contact her or pull her out from her hiding whenever Amelia was around.

I just hope it becomes a success, maybe that would draw Amelia and I closer.

I got home in the evening after finishing my paperwork including Amelia's file. I had also talked to the head doctor, Gemma and she assured me she was going to have a talk with Amelia immediately. Just as I expected, she was excited over having someone new.

"My baby" my mum beamed at me as soon as I went in. Ever since I became Alpha, I spent more than in my parents' house than at my Alpha suite in the pack house. It was always so comforting to me and i knew they both loved having me around. They have always encouraged me to move on but i just wasn't ready.....until Amelia showed up.

"Hi mum" i kissed on both her cheeks "what's for dinner??" Mum's food was so delicious no one could beat her at cooking. Maybe that was another reason I loved staying here.

"Your dad and i made some pasta. He's out on a run right now but he'll most likely be back soon." She replied me as she walked into the kitchen. I knew she was going to dish out some food for me so i follwed her eagerly.

"How's Amelia doing ??" Mum asked curiously after she gave me my pasta. There was a big fried chicken lap by the side and I almost drooled on the plate.

"She's fine. She decided to join the pack after all."

"That's good. A beautiful young girl like her shouldn't be out all on her own." Mum had met Amelia briefly and instantly liked her. She had come searching for me that day and found me in Amelia's room. She was quite happy i was taking an interest in a girl and even gushed about it to my father. There we fond of gossiping their poor son behind his back.

"She told me about her old pack too. She's originally from Rivers pack Mum."

"Really? Then how come she's a rogue"

"Stupid Ryan banished her after rejecting her"

Mum gasped"Wait so Ryan true mate isn't Beth?"

"Apparently, she's not. It's Amelia. He rejected her because he wanted a warrior but Amelia was a pack doctor." I paused "It might be unbelievable to you but I know she's not lying"

"I do believe you Luke. I've always suspected there was something missing between them"

"I am so disappointed in him. I can't believe his parents let him do that"

"So am I. I'm sure his parents were disappointed too but what can they do? Their son made his decision all they can do is talk for a while then leave him alone" i was feeling so bad for Amelia. Thinking about what happened to her and how she might have survived just makes me have the urge to lock her up and pamper her.

"You know, Ryan's coming over soon with his family and i don't even know how they are all going to cope"

"We'll just have to make sure they're both not at the same place at the same time then." Mum sat beside me and we talked some until i finished my food.

"I'm so tired mum. I'm going to bed. When dad comes you can tell him but no one else. Amelia wouldn't like that piece of information going round the whole pack."

"Goodnight baby" i barely heard her since all i cared about was my bed that was greedily calling out to me. I was so tired.

That night i had a peaceful dream where Lucy told me she was happy i was finally moving on. She had given me here blessing and only requested i treated Amelia right. I woke up in the middle of the night with a smile in my face before i fell asleep again.

Dream or not, I felt content when I woke up the next morning.