03

Frankie certainly didn't intend on joining Klaus and Stefan on whatever road trip Klaus had organised but she wasn't exactly given a choice

Frankie certainly didn't intend on joining Klaus and Stefan on whatever road trip Klaus had organised but she wasn't exactly given a choice. Klaus had, in his words very graciously, allowed her to gather her skateboard and pack up her backpack she'd brought with her, before pressing her along with him and Stefan to a car.

They had a little time before they left and Klaus had summoned someone to take his brothers body while Frankie got a crash course on the supernatural from Stefan who seemed more miserable even than her.

She learnt about compulsion, that was how Klaus had made Katherine do what he wanted. Stefan had tried to look at her necklace when she'd asked why it hadn't worked on her and the way he'd hissed as he touched it had been explanation enough for him to tell her about Vervain. She learnt Klaus had been possessing Alaric when she'd first come to town and that her brother likely didn't even know she was here. She'd learned about what happened when she was in her magical coma too, about how Alaric's girlfriend and her niece had been killed by Klaus.

Most importantly, she learnt that the dagger that Klaus had plunged into his brother hadn't killed him and that when it was removed, he would wake.

The last piece of information had been the most interesting to Frankie, she resolved that the moment she could, she'd pull the dagger away from Elijah and allow him and Klaus to fight while she escaped. She had to be smart about it though, Klaus was faster than her, he could apparently hear better too. She couldn't rush to him, she had to wait and do it in secret or when he was distracted by Stefan.

So perhaps she'd learned that last bit through a little trial and error. Frankie had found out about the dagger and then when a little later they arrived at a warehouse where Klaus' mind controlled servants had placed Elijah in a coffin. She'd kept her eyes on the coffin itself, Klaus' phone had rung and her hand had shot out to reach for the dagger. Klaus hadn't even turned to look at her or ignored the phone call, pulling the phone to his head he caught her hand and shook his head disapprovingly.

Klaus kept hold of her wrist until he hung up the call, turning to her menacingly, "Go wait in the car."

"Why?"

"Do it," he ordered, nodding to one of the men by the car, "Take her to the car but don't let her leave or hurt her."

"I can walk," Frankie snapped when the man took hold of her arm, tugging it away she moved towards the car, slamming the door behind her. It wasn't long before Klaus had joined her, sliding into the drivers seat and turning around to see her frowning with her arms crossed.

"Where's Stefan?"

"He's coming."

"Can I have my phone back?"

"No."

"Why not?" she argued, "You just killed my brothers girlfriend and you're kidnapping me, at least let me talk to him."