Harry - Giving up

“Haz? I need to go get some things for dinner. Do you want to come with me?” I ask Harry who is sitting on the couch, occupied with his phone.

“No, thanks. I’ll just wait here.” Harry says and I frown.

Usually he loves coming to the store with me.

“Uh- Okay then. Do you need anything? I ask, confused by everything.

“Nope. I don’t have to follow you everywhere, you know.” He simply states, staring at his cell phone again.

Ouch.

“Oh. I’ll be back in about an hour or so.” I say before stepping out of our shared home.

We moved in together about a year ago and lately Harry seems to be paying attention to everything except me.

He’s always busy on his stupid phone, barely listening to whatever I’m saying.

I hurriedly grab everything I need at the store and head home to start dinner.

Harry smiles at me and helps unpacking the bags but soon head back to the couch to occupy himself with some new TV show he discovered recently.

“Babe?” I hear Harry call once I place the dish containing our dinner in the oven.

“Yeah?” I call back and within a few seconds he appears in the kitchen, watching as I wipe the counter.

“Louis phoned and asked me if I wanted to go to the pub with him. You wouldn’t mind if I skip out on dinner, would you? ‘Cause I could stay if you want me to?” Harry asks in such a way that it doesn’t sound like he wants to stay with me, so I put on a fake smile and shake my head.

“But I made your favorite?” I try as an attempt to get him to spend his one free evening with me.

“I’ll eat it tomorrow or something. I won’t be out long.” He says, getting on his jacket an shoes.

“It’s fine, go with Louis. I recorded a new movie that I want to see anyway.” I lie, moving the dirty dishes to the sink.

“Thanks, baby. You’re the best.” Harry says, kissing my cheek before heading out the door to go drinking with Louis.

I wish he’d rather stay in with me tonight. He hasn’t had a free evening in a while and I just wish he’d spend it with me. I suppose that I do understand though, Louis is his best mate and they’re use to seeing each other almost everyday but still…

I occupy myself the entire evening, and just after midnight, Harry enters the House.

“Hey, love.” He whispers, sliding onto the bed where I am, busy playing on my phone.

“Hi. How was the pub?” I ask, placing my phone on the bedside table, ready to listen to whatever story he has to tell me.

“Like always. Night, babe.” He says, placing a lazy arm around my waist like he has the last few nights.

He doesn’t even kiss me goodnight anymore. Just a simple ‘good night’ ad then he sleeps.

I lay staring ahead of me for a while, trying to sleep but I can’t. I feel like Harry doesn’t even want my anymore and I don’t know what to do.

I finally fell asleep, but wake up early the next morning as Harry get’s up out of the bed.

“Morning, Haz. Why are you up so early?” I ask, rubbing my eyes.

“I need to go to work. Would you mind making me breakfast while I shower?” he asks, heading to the bathroom before I can reply.

Finally I’ve had enough. I’m not his slave. He’s supposed to love me and support me, but all he does is pretend that I don’t exist whenever he doesn’t need something from me.