Mysterious Development

Sierra was groaning as she rubbed her eyes, as she walked into school with an exhausted look on her face.

"Thanks Mum." Maddy says to Emma Smith, as Sierra waves from the front of the school, looking grumpy as all of the hell.

"Yeah, next time you miss the bus, you can walk to school." Emma said with a simple, grumpy look on her own face.

"If I run, I would get here before the bus." Maddy pointed out, to her mum as she opened the door of the jeep.

"Don't forget to invite Rhydian, round for dinner. We need to talk to him and about transformin' safely." Emma says quietly.

"Just let me and Sierra have a go, just to talk to him first." Maddy began, but Emma wasn't having it.

"No, Maddy. Invite him round." Emma ordered and Maddy sighed.

"Fine, just promise me now, that you won't embarrass him." Maddy said as Sierra walks over, tired of listening to them and not being near enough to be in on the conversation.

"Of course not! I'm not entirely without tact." Emma insisted and then as Maddy walks toward Sierra, their horn was heard honking loudly at the pair. "Tell him Wednesday is hog roast night!" Emma shouted and then the pair of teenagers looked at each other quickly. Sierra looks at Emma with a look on her face that seemed to be fire and fury all at once.

Then they had photos posted up all over the walls and to the girls' horror, it was clearly a wolf in the photo posts on the wall.

"Rhydian." Sierra whispered quietly and Maddy looks over at Shannon, as Sierra quietly, she quickly snuck away to go and find Rhydian.

"You show up and suddenly Shannon's got a picture? Come on, Rhydian." Maddy whispered to him and he was guilted by her into giving the memory card to Maddy.

Sierra and Rhydian both ended up walking into the woods and finding Shannon in the woods.

"Why are you so interested in this, then?" Rhydian asked as the both of them sat down next to Shannon, and she looked at them, as if trying to see whether they were serious or not.

"I was seven and I was on this camping trip with the Brownies, not far from here. We'd all gone to bed for the night, but I still couldn't sleep."

She sniffled quickly. "There were sounds of things outside. Probably just badgers and stuff. But you know how your imagination plays tricks. I was playing shadow monsters. Then there was a, very real shadow on the outside. So I turned off my torch and it came closer. It was right over us."

A second passed and she looked at them as they sat, listening intently to the story.

"I thought it was just one of my friends, and so I unzipped the tent to have a look. And there it was, this monstrous face, hairy with-- with these yellow eyes." Sierra looked at Rhydian, who was thinking the exact same thing as she was now.

"I screamed so very loudly in that moment, that it woke up the whole camp." Shannon finished her story, as Sierra looked at her hands, which had veined up a bit over the story, and Rhydian grabs her hand behind their backs, and she looks at him with a bit of surprise on her face.

He looked at Shannon, who was now a bit lost in thought. "So... what do you think it was?" Rhydian asked her, a bit quietly, as Sierra pulled her hand free, not noticing the slight disappointment in Rhydian's face.

"I don't know. But when I got back to school, everyone, had heard. They all started making fun of me. I was, even sent to a child psychologist." Shannon said.

"What for?" Rhydian asked.

"I wouldn't shut up about what I'd seen. Everyone said, that I was just doing it for attention." Shannon said and Sierra sighed, as she looks at the backs of her hands, which were both normal now.

"It's not nice to be accused of lying, is it?" Rhydian asked and Shannon nods at him.

"Exactly." She said.

"You know... chocolate helps hay fever." Rhydian said, yanking it out of his backpack and handing it directly over Sierra to Shannon.

"Are you sure you don't want it?" She asks him, as Sierra began to feel like a third wheel now.

"Naw, I'm good." Rhydian said as he looks at Sierra, who read the package quickly over Shannon's arm.

"Vegan chocolate?" She asked and Sierra looked at Rhydian, her eyes widening as she connected a whole web of dots from that information.

"Yeah, my foster parents are vegetarians. Enjoy." Rhydian said as he grabbed his backpack, and Sierra followed him quickly.