Church Chapter (17)

Start from the beginning

"Y-your welcome." I manage to get out, I am so confused.

"Well I am going to take my leave and meet them half way. There is no need for them to greet you both again." As she says this she looks at me with some pity. Is she doing this for my sake? So that I do not have to interact with Dax and Don.

"I hope to see you both very soon." She says with a wave and walks out.

I am at a loss for words, once Violet leaves my mother begins picking up the pottery tools. She seems to avoid looking at. She knows I am going to ask her what happened.

"Azalea, tomorrow I want you and I go to go see Miss Rose at the Fabric shop. I have been sketching and planning your bonding dress and a few others for every day." She looks at me then.

"Okay that sounds nice......Mother what were you two talking about?"

She sighs and heads toward the kitchen, "We were talking about our Mateship ceremonies, and how we both felt and we remember some silly time together."

"Together? When have you and Violet every spent much time together?" My eyebrows scrunch together.

My mother turns from the sink and looks at me, I can sense she is guilty.

"Well, we spent time together when we were younger. Believe it or not Violet and I used to be best friends."

I am shocked, my mother has never told me this. Why did she not tell me this?

"I know I should have told you before, but it never seemed important enough. Also, Violet and I have had many years of animosity. There are moments it is very hard for me to remember we were friends"

"If it hurts to remember then why were you both laughing?" I still do not understand.

"It was uncomfortable when you left but I think we both decided to call a truce. At least in that moment and we both remembered how much fun we used to have."

I clench my right fist slightly, "she took father away from you, how on earth could you forget that?" I snapped.

My mother steps back, as if I slapped her. "Azalea, do not talk to me like that. What is wrong with you?"

I shake my head to clear my thoughts, where did that anger come from? I mean yes, I have had those thoughts before but would have never spoken them out loud. Oh stars, I should not have talk to my mother like that.

"I-I am sorry I do not know why I said that I meant no disrespect." I look at her and plead with my eyes that she understands.

"Azalea, it's okay you're under a lot of stress I am sure. It can be a hard time preparing for a new life with your mate."

I just nod my head and give her a smile, she has no idea how hard it had become. Part of me wants to tell my mother about what happened with Kader. But he thought it best we do not say anything until we leave.

"You know when you're having these doubts and stresses it is always a good time to go and pray at the Biserică. Maybe you can get a session with the Taurus Batani ask for a blessing."

I look at her quickly, oh stars she is brilliant. Why did I not think of this before, I should go to my sign Batani and ask for wisdom or advice. I cannot tell them everything about Kader and I leaving but maybe I can get insight into why Kader's father thinks they are corrupt.

"Mother that is a wonderful idea."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we cleaned up the house mother and I headed out to the biserica, the church. As we walk I get butterflies in my stomach. What do I say to the Taurus Batani? How can I ask him for guidance without asking if he is a fraud, if the whole Batani are frauds? Also, now that I think of it, there is a new Taurus Batani, the past one died almost a year ago. Batani's are chosen by the stars much like mates and Alphas are. They will bare the mark of the Batani, which resembles a crestant moon symbol. Depending on when the Batani was born that will be what sign they serve under and that is who they will help guide.