36: She's a Sweetheart

Start from the beginning

Now, the stainless steel stick pointed to Chaeyoung.

"Save me, please.", I whispered to her not to let me get another shot of beer.

She smiled at me but why do I feel like the smile has an evil meaning to it?

"Never have I ever...went bald-headed in my life.", she said that making everyone shaking their heads.

But, I did feel something when she said that. I almost poured the beer in my cup but I halted midway. There is no way I will drink for something embarrassing like that. Luckily no one in high school knows about the incident. Chaeyoung is really asking for trouble, I stared sharply at her when the stick is spinned for the next round.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I felt satisfied with what I just did. Even though he did not drink after what I said, I felt happy to see him stirred beside me. You should not lie to me, my love. I know things that you don't know about me and you might get embarrassed with it.

"Hi, Chaeyoung. Can I ask you to vote for the King and Queen of the reunion?", Jimin suddenly appeared beside me with a small paper in his hand.

"Oh, what is this?", I asked since I did not know the purpose of the voting.

"Just a fun award to spice up the event. You can vote for the King and Queen among the alumni. I'm sorry you can't vote for yourself.", he explained to me and I chuckled at his last sentence. Of course, I will not vote for myself. The reunion is for their high school's alumni. I am just the girlfriend of an alumni here.

I smiled before I knew whose names I want to write on the paper.

❤❤❤

The reunion event is almost ending and the last schedule finally is here as I gathered with Jungkook and his group of friends. Jimin was one of them standing beside me keeping me feel welcomed in their group. Taehyung who I just met tonight was a great host. He knew when to make people laugh and clap to whatever he is saying on the stage.

While we stood at the left of the crowd, I saw Nayeon and her group of friends at the right side. There was only one person that I know from this school that I have not seen in this event. Jaehyun. His friends are here but he is nowhere to be seen with them.

"Jeon Jungkook!!", the loud voice of Taehyung saying Jungkook's name startled me. "The King of the Reunion, come on up here, bro!", he called Jungkook to the stage as I congratulated him.

"Okay, now...for our Queen...", I focused on Taehyung to know the Queen of the night. "The Queen of the Reunion...Im Nayeon!!", Taehyung announced my sister and she screamed in shock with her friends.

I smiled and clapped for her as I surely voted for the both of them. I know I made the right choice. I watched her walked up to the stage in her glittery red dress. She bowed to the crowd as we applauded her.

A moment later, I saw her whispering something to Taehyung before he signalled Hoseok who is deejaying at the left corner of the stage to do something.

Seconds after, the uplifting music changed to a mellow one and the two King and Queen began to dance.

"I swear this is not in the schedule.", Jimin whispered to me. "I'm sorry about this, Chaeyoung.", he added but I smiled warmly at him telling him it was okay.

❤❤❤

Jeon Jungkook's POV

I slowly held Chaeyoung's left hand that was on her lap to see her reaction. She had been quiet since I was announced the King at the reunion. I wondered if she got angry about what happened after that.

"You okay, Jungkook?", she asked as she looked at me.

"I...guess so. How about you?", I asked the same to her.

She squeezed her hand on mine. "I'm okay. Why? You looked worried.", she said as she pulled herself closer to me and hugged my arm like a pillow.

"Uh...I was worried...if you got angry seeing me dancing with your sister.", I told her what was bothering my mind.

She looked up to me before she rested her head on my shoulder. "I'm not. I'm okay.", she said to me which is quite surprising actually. "You were worried about that, Kookie?", she asked me so I nodded to it.

"Of course I am. You were so quiet since then. I thought I made you angry, you know?", I told her as I pecked her head when we stopped at the red traffic light.

"I'm just tired. That's all.", she replied to me.

"We're almost there.", I told her as I continued driving. "Oh, by the way, Chae..did my mom tell you that I was once bald when I was a kid?", I asked the question I have been wanting to ask since the game ended.

She chuckled at it before answering, "Yeah. That was funny. I laughed a lot at that story, you know?"

I chuckled at it too.

"That's so bad of you. And you almost embarrassed me in front of my friends back there, Chaeyoung.", I told her of how I was worried to be laughed at for that incident.

❤❤❤

After sending Chaeyoung back to her apartment, I drove back to my mother's house even though it is further than my penthouse. I have promised to come home to see her so I will not break it no matter what. As I was waiting for the traffic light to turn green, I checked my phone and saw a message from Namjoon.

I quickly tapped on it to see what the content of the message.

🗨 Namjoon hyung: Hey, Kook. I've got info about Nayeon. When do you want to meet me?

My eyes widened at it. Finally, he has something for me about Nayeon's sudden appearance after a long time. I know Namjoon could help me. He is not just a great businessman but also is a good spy.

I was going to reply to him but the traffic light turned green so I let my phone be on my lap for a while. As I started to drive again, I heard a loud screeching sound and a few honks blaring through my ears. Before I could turn to the loud noises, I felt my body being pushed real hard and my car was spinning a few times making me lose control of everything. I did not know what just happened. I just...blacked out.

❤❤❤

Enjoy the happy moment while it lasts. See you guys in next update on the weekend.

🤗🤗