"Since you were born in Taiwan, I'm guessing you have a Chinese name?" Brett asked.

"Yeah, it's Chen Weicheng." Eddy said.

"Well, if it makes you feel better, my Chinese name is Yang Bo Yao." Brett said, whispering to Eddy.

"Our lives are almost similar!" Eddy exclaimed.

"I know! It's a weird coincidence but it's cool." Brett excitedly said.

"Well, I'm looking forward to knowing you more." Eddy said.

"Me too..." Brett replied.

They were gathered up now, getting ready to practice with the youth orchestra conductor. It was a fun time for both. This was excellent.

Whatever or whoever aligned Brett to Eddy and Eddy to Brett must've known what they were doing. They made a perfect match of friends that will soon turn to family over the years. It's amazing, the wonders and the mysteries of how the world times us perfectly.

The music was not perfect but overtime, it grows to be the sounds of remembrance. Memories of adolescent youth, never fading away. It is marked in their minds the same way they had left a lifelong impression in each other's lives.

They never knew that two simple meetings will change their lives forever. With more practice and familiarity, the music swells into this beautiful imagery of years and years to come. It becomes their lives as they grow up with different life paths but ultimately, they will end up to living a life together.

Brett knew from that moment, that Eddy simply wouldn't be a person that enters his life only to exit again. He will stay a constant, someone that grounds him. He didn't think of it much at this time.

He just knows that he's happy he has a friend.

- - - - -

Brett looks up at the ceiling of his bedroom. Almost nothing here has changed, just him. The desk was still in the same place, by the window and the sunshine hits the same places. The bed and everything in it never changed, too. It was still the bed that seemed too big when he was seven but now that he's seventeen, it's too small.

The cracks of paint in the ceiling is still the same, the same way the feelings he's been collecting for his best friend over the years. The glow in the dark plastic stars stuck to his walls still glow at night even though it's been there for at least twelve years. The sheets and the pillowcases, a rotation of floral patterns and mismatched dark colored blankets that somehow work in his eyes.

They're all the same, what makes them different is the memories tied to them. Like the pink floral pillowcase that sometimes is synonymous to tear catchers on nights where he's not too strong. Or how it's a fleeting butterfly on his stomach when Eddy's scent left traces of itself on the pillow.

The moment he found himself falling for his best friend, he was terrified. It isn't how movies portray it. It isn't the butterflies in the stomach every time they touch you nor the shy smiles that you give. Falling for your best friend is a hard obstacle to get through.

It's the constant question of were you being too obvious or not. It's the mask that acts as though you are interested in the person they like when you only want it to be you. It's the way you can't avoid playful touches to the rare and sentimental hugs. It's the question of why are you so distant and why is it this so hard.

It's a tango of uncertainty but it's knowing that you'd rather have them at arm's length as a friend. Rather than the sea of confessing then being rejected. Besides, it isn't easy for them. Not when Eddy's family have high expectations for him to have children with a woman that mama Chen could show off to everyone.

Brett raised his hand, trying to reach out to the figure of Eddy that he had created in his mind. It seems too far when he's this helpless. He sighed and turned to his side. In a matter of minutes, the boy he loved will enter this room.

Well, it's time to put on the mask he's kept. It isn't exactly a mask, he's still himself with Eddy. He still tells Eddy everything, with the exception of his love. Could he feel it when my soul is trying to helplessly reach out to his?

It doesn't matter. He's here to stay in Eddy's life and his love for the boy will not get in the way of their friendship. Besides, friendship always benefits.

Love hurts and it's not a matter of pain that could be resolved by trying to be with another. It's real love if it's hard to forget. Still, Brett hugged the pillow closer to his chest and closed his eyes.

The door opened slightly, revealing a very messy haired Eddy Chen.

"Hey man, you look sleepy..." Eddy started.

"A bit, yeah. Anyway, what's on our agenda?" Brett asked.

"Get up then, you need more sunlight."

"Fine." Brett grumbled, standing to straighten his shirt and leaving the room with Eddy.

Brett was dragged out of his familiar room to outside.