57. Attempted Family Moment

Start from the beginning

"What smells ravishing in here?" Mario asks while coming down the stairs with his twin, who doesn't want to meet my gaze.

"I made carrot cake." I reply, while looking at Corina.

"I put red wine in it though, and Merlin probably put tequila in the cream." I say suggestively, making her shuffle uncomfortably.

"I'll have a slice of that, sister in law!" He says, and I smile at him before I place his piece on a saucer.

"I can smell deliciousness from a mile away, and it cometh in the kitchen!!" Stephen declares while coming down the stairs with his twin, making me roll my eyes.

"It's carrot cake." I state, making Majo smile.

"The alcoholic kind?" She asks with a smirk and I nod with a small smile.

"Although I'm not completely sure what kind of alcohol Merlin put on the cream." I say before shrugging, and when I look at him, he's glaring at me.

"You know, don't you?" He asks, and I know exactly what he's talking about.

"Yes, I do. Of course I fucking know, Merlin." I say with a determined stare, making him sigh before getting up.

"Well, I want a slice of that, please." Both twins say at the same time, making us laugh while they both glare at each other.

"I thought we agreed that this wouldn't happen again." Stephen hisses making Majo scoff.

"You know that you're not supposed to say what I'm thinking, and yet you do it." She retorts, making Steph scoff also.

"You both are so fucking dramatic. Just accept the fact that you're almost alike and Juliette will probably give you guys a slice each." Mario mutters, and I stifle a laugh as a result.

"Look at the idiot who's stuffing his face with alcohol cake telling us to behave. That isn't even the correct manner on how to eat cake." Steph says while glaring at his older brother before looking at me expectantly.

I sigh before giving the twins their slices, and while Corina stifles a laugh, I notice how pale she's becoming.

"Idiot." Mario mutters, making Stephen scoff.

"Stupid." He mutters, making Majo laugh.

"Imbecile." Mario says before glaring at him, but Stephen isn't shy to return the glare.

"Icarus." He says, so I decide to clear my throat in order to pause their staring contest.

"Not in my kitchen, boys." I say sternly, making everyone look at me weirdly.

"Whose kitchen?" Majo asks, and I glare at her.

"My kitchen." I tell her, and she stifles a laugh.

"Very funny, Juli, but this is my kitchen." She says, making me roll my eyes.

"Um...I think you mean, this is your older brother's kitchen, and not yours, baby sister." Mario says with a smug smirk on his face, making Majo scoff and flip the bird at him.

"Fuck you, you stupid jerk." She mutters before looking at me expectantly, making me roll my eyes.

"Mario, stop teasing your sister, or she'll drag your sorry ass across the hall." I say suggestively, making the man scoff and Majo laugh.

"Thanks, babe." She says, and I wink at her.

"Anytime, sweetheart." I tell her before I blow her a kiss, which she catches and places in her heart, making me smile.

"You know, you're supposed to love us too." Stephen said suggestively, making me raise an eyebrow at him.

"The cake that you're eating was made with love. What more do you want from me, dear brother?" I ask with a small smile on my face, making him roll his eyes and smile too.

"You know, this would've been nice if Seb was here." I hear Merlin mutter, and suddenly, Corina stands up and leaves, making me sigh.

He's right. After the Merlin incident, he's holed himself up in his office and won't even come out. Everyone else is here, enjoying my alcoholic cake when he's in the office doing Lord knows what.

Damn, I sound so fucking needy it's not even funny.

"We could've had a family moment..." I whisper to myself before I sigh again.

And then there's Corina. Ever since I arrived, the only thing that she's done was smile at me. She hasn't hugged me, or at least say 'sup, bitch' at me. Maybe it's because of the pregnancy, but I don't get why she would distance herself from me.

"Just go and talk to her, Juli. She's really scared of your reaction, and she doesn't know that you know yet." Merlin says in my head, making me internally scoff.

"Obviously." I mutter while he smirks at me before motioning me to follow after her.

"Just give me my bottle and I'll go." I tell him, and he smiles before giving it to me.

"Don't finish my cake, guys. If you do, I'm going to turn you all into my personal lapdogs." I say simply before covering what's left of the cake and place it in the fridge.

"You and your threats!" I hear Stephen mutter, making me chuckle a bit.

"I'm going to see Corina." I say to Maria José as I walk past her to the stairs.

"Please be subtle with her. There are things that she doesn't know that are about to happen and she obviously can't know about it." She warns, and I sigh as I climb them.

"You and I are going to have a serious talk as soon as I'm done with her, though." I remind her before I head for Corina's room.

But first, the wine's gotta be finished.