How to Be a Heartbreaker

"This isn't funny, Nat!"

The twin in question was struggling not to laugh at Rikki over the phone. "Come on, Rikki, it's a little funny. He's got a crush on his hero and I personally find that to be adorable."

With Cleo and Emma getting on Rikki's back about Elliot almost seeing her tail after the morning rescue, somehow Natalie managed to be on the opposite side of the argument. No one saw a mermaid and Elliot lived to surf another day - where was the harm? In Natalie's books that goes down as a victory. Most would think that Rikki would be pleased her best friend wasn't on her case about it, but somehow she managed to be just as bad whilst teasing the blonde about the newfound hero worship from the Gilbert family (with the exception of Emma).

"I'm no hero! And I didn't ask for any of this..." Rikki griped.

Natalie snorted, "Too late, Hotshot. That ship has already set sail."

"He bought me chocolates, Natalie."

The Sertori began laughing harder, "Seriously? That is the cutest think ever! God, I hope Kimmy ends up with that boy some day. God knows she is in need of a sweetheart to balance out that troublemaking nature of hers."

"Nat-"

She cut her off apologetically. "Sorry Rikki, Tyler is making that constipated looking face reserved for when he's annoyed with me! So I gotta hang up and start pulling my weight on this assignment, but I promise you can complain to me tomorrow at the JuiceNet and I will try my hardest to not laugh."

"Fine, fine, I'm almost home from Em's house anyways. But you're paying since you're ditching me for your boyfr-"

That was the indication that it was time to hang up fast. Natalie was blushing when she threw her phone on Tyler's bed. It was getting tiresome that people kept insinuating that the childhood best friend's were anything but platonic.Natalie looked over at the boy sitting behind the desk, trying and failing to balance a pencil on the tip of his nose as he impatiently waited for her attention to be back on him. As if Tyler could ever be anything more than a friend. 

"My annoyed face doesn't look constipated." Tyler grumbled with a slight pout. 

Natalie shrugged, before tossing an eraser at him. "Whatever you need to tell yourself, pal."

He shot her a glare when the small projectile knocked the finally balanced pencil off from its perch on his nose. Snatching it up, he launched it back at her and successfully hit her in the forehead. Letting out a loud, victorious shout, he began to dance in his chair.

"You're an idiot." 

Natalie rolled her eyes, watching him spin around in the chair. A really cute idiot. Pausing to frown, she shook that thought out of her head. This was Tyler, her nerdy best friend, Natalie was quick to remind herself. In no world would Natalie Sertori find Tyler Bennett cute in anything less than a platonic way...right?

"You're just jealous." He stuck his tongue out at her.

She shook her head laughing, "Sure, keep telling yourself that Ty."

"So what did Rikki need to interrupt our study party for?" He asked.

That made her begin to laugh harder as Natalie's mind went back to the conversation that just occurred over the phone. "You're not going to believe it, but Elliot's totally in love with Rikki now that she's saved his life. Bought her a cards and chocolates - boy does he have it bad."

Tyler snorted, "You have to admire him for his valiant efforts."

"Oh trust me, I definitely admire it." Natalie let out an over dramatic sigh and flopped back onto the duvet. "Elliot Gilbert is one of the rare gentlemen that still exist on Earth. Is it bad that I'm a little jealous of Rikki? Not that I want Em's brother to like me - that would be gross and creepy - but it'd be nice to have a guy pay attention to me like that..."