midnight shenanigans

Start from the beginning

"No, I want to tell you. You can tell me something about yourself if you let me..." he says and I nod rolling my eyes.

"The accident was when a rival gang of my fathers burst into our villa one day, my father got into a drunken brawl with him" he says

The quiet hum of the car breaks the silence and I feel him grip my hand more tightly towards him and he lets out a deep sigh.

"They came to our house with guns and I was about eleven so I was pretty scared and my mother was crying beside me" he says.

"My father ordered his men to protect me and my mother but she... She didn't make it, my mother died right in front of me" he says in shame

"You couldn't have done anything" I reassure him and he shrugs with glassy eyes and looks over at me with a serious face.

"My father wanted me to join his mafia so if anything ever happened to me in the future I could protect myself and others"

"That's why he wanted me to marry so early, he knew me and Angeline were close so he wasted no time in wanting me to marry and eventually take over his empire" he explains

"He wants to protect you though" I say and he scoffs shaking his head, "that's what Angeline said but I know he just wants me to quit my job"

"What does he have against teaching?" I ask him and he shrugs raising his eyebrows, "no idea Cara. He probably thinks it's not a good name for our family"

"I think you should stick with what you want not your father" I say and he looks at me with adoration but chuckles

"I wish it was that easy mia Cara" he says taking his eyes off the road for a second and brings my hand to his lips and pecks it.

We pull down into a quiet track and I watch the moon above shine down and I smile as I think to myself.

"What's your study then? Why did you transfer in your last year?" He asks me darting his he's over for a second.

"Oh uhm" I say gingerly, I'm a very secretive person and I've never really opened up to anyone about what happened.

"Well" I start and he kisses my hand as we drive down the bumpy track and I feel my heart rate bump up by a hundred.

"You don't have to tell me" he say as we pull up in beside a lake and my eyes widen as the moonlight reflects off it.

"I will, I trust you. Just let's sit down and I'll tell you" I smile and he kisses my temple, "that bad?" He questions and I chuckle

Oh just you wait

"Maybe" I say and we both get out and I hug my jumper closer to me and I watch as he gets out a picnic blanket and a bottle of something.

"This is super cute" I say to him and he winks at me tugging me closer and I love how tall he is but not too tall- just perfect.

We walk closer to the lake and we sit down in the grass and he pops open a bottle of non alcoholic wine and I thank him.

We cheers and I listen to the sound of crickets and I feel his eyes on me so I put my wine down and smile at him.

"You're such a little temptress" he whispers liking down at my body and my cheeks flame up and I'm glad that it's dark right now.

"If I wasn't then we wouldn't be here right now" I whisper and lean closer to him. He tucks my hair behind my ear and chuckles

"Very true Mia Cara" he says and he leans in to kiss me so I crawl onto his lap and feel his hands wrap around my waist to adjust me.

"What do we do about Angleline though? I feel bad as she's your friend" I say to him and he shakes his head

"Please don't feel guilty" he says with a strong Italian accent and I sigh as he kisses the corner of my lips leaving me wanting more.

"She doesn't want this either, its our fathers doing this so please don't feel like it's you" he says and I kiss him on the lips.

"I think I'm ready to tell you about myself" I say and he pauses for a second and smiles, "I'm glad"

A/N

Sooo the long awaited reason on why Cara is v private and why she moved to Eastwood academy is in the next chapter my loves ;)

hope you all had a good day my sugar waffles

now I want sugar waffles 🥺

My insta- emilysophia_xox
My sc- earblaster16
My pinterest- Emily Sophia
My Wattpad- aestheticfoods
X. X. X. X