"Jay, lunch is here." I said, softly.

"Hmm?"

"Come on, buddy. Let's go and eat, you know Arlen has a black hole for a stomach." I said and this time Jaden opens his eyes. I took a step backwards, smile still on my face as I watched him wake up, stretching a bit.

Lunch with Jaden and Arlen was pretty good. I liked watching Arlen and Jaden interact, they act like they've been friends for so long, ribbing at each other, bickering and joking. Time flies as we sit and talk, we watched a couple episodes of Cursed and by six I was already preparing dinner. By nine, I was ready for the call.

"I'm gonna make a call. If you need me, I'll be in my room." I said and Jaden hummed.

I pulled up the Nate's profile and hit the audio button, pressing the phone to my ear. My heart was beating really fast. I shut the door to my room once I was in and got on the bed, instantly reaching for one of my pillows.

Oh my god. I was really doing this.

What if this was a bad idea? What if he is a really weird gu-

"Hello."

Oh.

Oh. I was not expecting that. His voice was deep, warm and inviting, gravelly. The sound went all the way down to my toes.

"Cil?"

No one had ever said my name like that. No one had never been able to make my name sound this way. All soft and pleasing.

"Hi." I said, my voice and bit shaky.

I heard Nate let out a loud breath. "I'm so happy you called."

"You are?" I asked and mentally kicked myself. "I said I was gonna call when I was comfortable enough." I said, smiling.

"You did and I also remember you saying I might sound like kermit." Nate said with a chuckle.

"Not kermit, no." I said with a little laugh.

"Well, you sound exactly how I thought you would." Nate said and I raised a brow. What?

"What did you think I was going to sound like?"

"Like a pretty prince." Nate said and his words startled out a laughter out of me. I couldn't stop it and I didn't want to. Oh my god, he was just as cheesy as he was in his texts.

"Oh my god. You are too cheesy. Do you seriously talk like this all time?" I asked.

"All the time?" Nate huffed. "I don't know what you're talking about." he chuckled.

"Oh wow. You do."

"It's called being a gentleman."

"Being a cheesy gentleman, you mean." I countered, giggling.

"Okay, you win on that front." Nate said. "How was your day? What did you do?" he asked.

"It was good. Made breakfast, hung out with my best-friend. He and I had a field day at La Senza." I said, my eyes widening when I realized what I said. And from the quick inhale I heard through the phone, Nate knew exactly what La Senza was.

"Did you have a good time? What else did you do?" Nate asked.

"I bought a couple things and then we came home and had dinner with my brother." I said. I got off the bed and walked over to my closet. I took out the La Senza bag and laid out the items.

"I'm glad you had a good day. I spent the entire day in meetings, one after the other. I haven't even had dinner yet." Nate said and I pulled the phone away from my ear so I could look at the time. I let out a silent gasp when I see the time and held the phone against my ear.

"It's almost nine thirty. You have to eat now, go and cook something."

"I can't cook and I'm at work."

"Still?" I asked. "Do you work this late all the time?"

"No, I make sure I leave by five no matter what but I just didn't feel like going home yet."Nate said and I frowned.

"Is something wrong? Do I need to fight someone?" I asked and this time Nate laughed.

"No, angel. I've just got a lot on my mind." Nate said and no, my heart did not skip a beat at the nickname. No. that can't be right. I haven't even seen this man yet. What the fuck was happening with me?

"Want to share?"

"Next time." Nate said and I nodded.

"Okie then." I said. "I've always wanted to say thank you for not texting me crudely or asking me for dick pictures."

"Shit. I got so many of those too. I should also be thanking you too." Nate said.

We talked on the phone for a couple more minutes, Nate making me giggle more and more until I got more comfortable. I couldn't stop smiling, even after the phonecall, even after I brushed my teeth and got ready for bed.

Even after the message I got from Nate.

waitwithnate: good night angel. You sound as lovely as I thought you would

I know it's been a while but I'm working on setting a permanent update schedule

What do you think about this chapter? About Nate? 🤭