20 - End

"Hehehe. I knew you'd be back." Keener laughed and turned around. Recruit was standing there posed and confident. "So I'm going to be frank," Keener continued. "I don't know why all this is happening. Things happen, you know? We don't always need an explanation for everything. You just decide what to think of it and make a choice." Keener tooked 5 steps toward Recruit, "An educated choice... or an ignorant straight-out-of-memes choice."

Recruit popped out the switchblade and swung at Keener. Keener ducked, slid his blade out from his sleeve, and forced the sharp point into Recruit's stomach.

"I'm done with games," Keener said. "I just want all of this over with."

Kajika, who was hidden above in the second floor, drew his bow and arrow and shot at Keener. The arrow spiked the floor and caught Keener's attention, "What the?" He turned his head up towards Kajika and the EMP device that was built-in the arrow detonated. The room went completely dark.

"Kajika!" Keener yelled. Footsteps scrambled above and around. "Shit.. you think you can hide in the dark?" He pulled out 5 glow sticks and tossed them around illuminating the place. He loaded up his MP5. Shadows ran around the room, but Keener didn't shoot. He decided to back up into a wall to eliminate being attacked from behind.

Kajika shot an arrow at Keener's shoulder.

thwish. Bullseyes. The arrow punctured through the muscle.

Keener yelped and dropped his MP5.

"I'm done with you, Keener." Kajika said. He walked up to Keener face to face with a pistol in his hand. "You're no different than The Division."

"Kajika, you have talent. But you just can't help but reject the fact that I'm-"

BANG! Kajika shot Keener in the leg and pistol whipped him in the forehead.

From the ground, Recruit witnessed everything. Kajika beat Keener. What was my part then?

"Hey!" Recruit yelled. Kajika turned around and helped Recruit up. The stab wasn't terrible thanks to the bulletproof vest he was wearing. "That's it?"

"Yea. That's it." Kajika looked him in the eye and said, "be your own damn man." He walked away.

Recruit stood alone staring at Keener's cold body. "I don't even- all this is a disaster." He shook his head, "I'm going back to New York," and walked out.

~

Aaron Keener's body was taken to a private hospital. He's been asleep for 9 hours. When he awoke, his head was banging with pain. His vision cleared up, and his eyes scanned a woman wearing a gray business suit. Her hands behind her back as if she has been waiting for Keener to wake up.

"What do you remember?" her voice deep, like any person in a position of power would have.

Keener recalled his defeat. He didn't say a word.

"You've done some terrible things as a Division agent," she said. "But you have a chance to right those wrongs now." She passed an envelope to Keener. He took it.

Keener rubbed his forehead and opened the envelope. His eyes squinted as he unfolded a document and began reading the text. "Rainbow recruitment offer?"

"It's a win-win situation." She said. "I think it will benefit us both." She turned around for the door and left the room.

Keener smirked. He felt outplayed one more time. He looked at the recruitment offer and chuckled. He put the offer back in the envelope and tucked it underneath his pillow.

"Keep your enemies closer." he said.

🎉 Je bent klaar met het lezen van Rogue Anxiety: A Rainbow 6 + The Division (FanFic) Crossover 🎉