CHAPTER 3

The chopper landed on the rooftop of an apartment building. Jager and the pilot rappel down to the street and began walking towards Ruse.

Jager spoke, "Division agents." Jager looked around and up the sky to make sure this was the red flare that Robbie mentioned in the phone call.

Ruse took 2 steps towards Jager. "Yes. This is the correct flare you are looking for."

Jager noticed rogue vibes in Ruse's tone and posture. "Where's Rob?"

"Don't worry. Your childhood friend is fine." Tension began to build between the 2 of them. "There's something I need you to do, Marius.... Destroy everything you have on your new ADS system. Blueprints, prototypes, pictures. Anything and everything."

"Typical. Of course, a rogue agent like you wants to see the world burn."

Ruse snicker. "Rogue. That's cute."

"I'm not doing it."

"Well then. I guess you'll have to choose between Team Rainbow or your heart."

A member of the rogue division agents stepped out from the back of the van holding on to Rob and sticking the barrel of his pistol to his skull.

Jager spoke, "Alright. Alright. Look," Jager, with his hands up, took small slow steps towards Ruse. "Nobody needs to die."

BANG!

A sniper shot fired from a distance. The bullet scorching directly to Ruse. But it popped into black smoke, and the smoke vanished.

Jager looked at his pocket. He noticed a hole in it. "It works...."

Distracted by his achievement, Ruse quickly took advantage. He ran behind him, locking his left arm onto Jager's neck, spun his other arm around and fired 2 bullets into the pilot's chest.

"Get in the van!" Ruse yelled. Sniper shots continue to pour, barely missing Ruse's foot. The other rogue agents ran into the van immediately. Rob was pushed in, and Jager is being dragged by Ruse. They're all aboard, "Drive!"

The driver hit the gas pedal, and the wheels screech as they made their getaway. Ruse pokes his eyes on the windows searching for a trace of the shooter. "I take it back."

Jager and Rob look at Ruse confuse.

"Instead of destroying it, I want you to build me one." Ruse smirked, and Jager's phone rang. It's Glaz.

To be continued...