i was stuck in the past until you came along.'18

Cherri’s P.O.V

It was black for a while. I couldn’t remember a lot. All I heard were the sounds of people screaming and crying around me…the fluttering of wings…and an unspoken promise. It was cold and damp. I felt like I was swimming in something thicker then water…blood? It smelled like it, was even as sticky. I couldn’t see, but even in my blindness I was able to sense the glowing light. Suddenly the earth shook and I felt an immense heat. It surrounded me and I felt darkness  again…and the creepiest laugh I’ve ever heard.

“Cherri?” I heard Zane whisper. I slowly opened my eyes to a very worried Zane.

“What happened?” My voice cracked,

“How are you feeling?” He rested his hand on my forehead. His palms felt freezing against my own skin. “You’re still burning up.” He said more to himself then to me.

I shut my eyes, my eyelids feeling heavy. I heard something or rather someone drop into the room. “Rubin.” Zane said relaxed. He sighed relieved.

I heard footsteps. “How is she?” His voice beside me.

“She’s burning up.” Zane answered. “Where’s Ralph?”

“Right here.” Ralph answered. I wasn’t sure what they were doing, but it suddenly became silent. I saw a light flash and then I was standing in front of Evan.

“Hello.” He smiled. He was beige, cargo pants and a tight, black t-shirt.

“What are you doing?” I asked afraid.

He studied me. “Wow.” He said amazed. “You’re eyes have already changed.” He smiled softly. “They’ve always been beautiful.” He took a step closer to me. I stepped back.

“Wha-what are you trying to do, Evan? Why did you bring me here?” I cried.

“Because I love you, Cherri. And I’m here to tell you the truth, the real truth.” He gave me a pleading look.

“What real truth?” I squinted.

“The truth that they aren’t telling you.” He said as if it weren’t obvious.

“What do you mean they aren’t telling me?” I asked confused.

“Cherri, you can’t honestly believe that Rubin is telling you the whole truth.” He gave me a cheeky grin.

I stood quiet, watching him baffled. It wasn’t until my eyes trailed away from Evan’s perfect face that I saw we were standing in a completely white room, but now the walls began to shimmer and fade, becoming something else. It was the forest, by a lake house. Everything seemed to be in black and white due to the moonlight. There was a small breeze. I was standing by the murky mud by the mouth of the lake. Evan was standing ankle-deep in water.

“Do you remember this place?” He whispered. His hair was caught in the wind. He’d never looked more graceful to me.

As I looked around I began to remember, but it wouldn’t come out…I don’t know why I couldn’t speak. “Rubin isn’t the only one you’ve been in love with.” He walked closer to me. “There was a time where you loved me and we were together.”

I felt my eyes water. “Why are you doing this to me? Why do you want me now?” I choked out. The tears overflowed and streamed down my face now. He rubbed them off my cheek and closed the space between us.

“Shhh, it’s alright. I’m here now.” He said trying to comfort me.

“But why?” I cried.

“It’s not like I wanted to wait this long, honey.” He said huskily.

“Why did you?” I pressed.

“Rubin’s the angel of love, he can control the way I feel. But whenhe’s present his powers fade because he’s too distracted by you. That’s just the way things work.”

“But you liked me. At one point in time you liked…me.”

He nodded give me a breath taking grin. “I’ve always loved you and Rubin can see that. That’s why he tried to separate us.”

“But why would he try that?” He wasn’t making any sense.

“Because he’s trying to lead a revolt against heaven and he needs you, Cherri.” Evan whispered. And at that my heart broke. Rubin wouldn’t use me to go against heaven, would he? But no one would tell me who I really was. Maybe I was better off not knowing anything…anything at all.

I pushed him back. “What do you mean revolt against heaven?”

“He’s been deceiving you this entire time. He doesn’t love you. He wants to use you to become the ruler of heaven.” He snapped.

I stared at him. His face was serious. “I don’t believe you! Why should I?” I challenged.

“Because I know the truth! I wouldn’t lie to you.” He gripped my shoulders and pulled me into him. He kissed me roughly. I couldn’t deny the passion I felt from the kiss. I had feelings for Evan, I’d always had and I couldn’t deny them any longer, but something in me was telling me this was wrong. This was wrong because I was in love with Rubin. And no matter how much I cared for Evan, the love I felt for Rubin couldn’t replace it.

I shoved him off of me. “You’re lying.” I spat.

“Of course he’s lying.” Rubin voice said from behind me. I turned and ran to him. He hugged my tightly. “Are you alright?” He asked me softly.

“Yeah.” I nodded and gave him a weak smile.

“Tell her the truth, Evan. Tell who you really are!” Rubin yelled.

“I will, when you do.” Evan chuckled darkly.

“That’s just what a son of Lucifer would say.” I whipped around and faced Evan.

“You’re…his son?” I whispered shocked.

He roared into laughter. “Yeah, I am, but I am an angel!”

“Don’t you lie to her. You aren’t one anymore.” Rubin said.

Evan straightened up and squared his shoulders. “Don’t.” Rubin warned. He shielded my eyes. I saw another eerie flash of light. When Rubin dropped his hand I saw Evan. He was levitated in the air with his wings spread open. They were jet black with holes in them. Darkness sank out of them and sent an odd chill down my spine. With that he darted to the sky. “Come on!” Rubin grabbed my hand and began to run.

“Where are we going?” I asked panting.

“We’ve got to run.” He said leading me through the woods.

“Why?” I cried.

“The wars begun.”

Hey everyone! Hope your enjoying the story! Been busy the past couple of days, so sorry i've taken so long & sorry its short! but i'll try to make it up to you!

-Comment & Vote!

-Become a fan (maybe?)