i was stuck in the past until you came along.'12

ENJOY!!!!

i was stuck in the past until you came along.'12

Cherri's P.O.V

"What do you mean the truth?" I asked confused.

He looked around then after finding what he needed, eyed it cautiously. "The truth about these horrid light bulbs." He shook his head. And that's when I figured it out.

"I know you." I whispered as I recalled the night on the football field then at Zane's party. "You were at the football game and Zane's party. I thought I was imagining you, but I wasn't."

He smiled. "I have no clue what you're talking about, dear."

I glared at him. "I know what I saw." I said defensively. He leaned forward in his chair.

"Okay, the truth is...the truth that I'm suppose to tell you is that you're in danger." His face that had been smooth and joking now became hard and serious.

"What do you mean I'm in danger?" I raised an eyebrow. He was making no sense.

"There are certain people in your life that are far greater then what they appear, Cherri. And some of them are not good." He said simply. "I wish, I could tell you more, but the rest you must figure out on your own." He stood and headed for the door.

I couldn't find the strength within me to stop him and ask more questions because I had a feeling I already knew. He paused at the door to turn around and look at me. Finally I spoke. "Will I ever see you again?"

He nodded. "Only when you really need me." He said then shut the door. I wasn't sure but I could've sworn I heard the sound of wings rustling. I sank back in the chair trying to figure this out. How was I in danger and who would cause it? Then as if on cue, my phone rang. It was Terry.

I didn't answer. Instead I got out off my sofa and went to my room. I got dressed and did the only thing I could when I needed answer-I went to the library.

- - - - - *'* - - - - -

I headed straight to the computers for research. Once I was on the internet browser I typed in: Ralph Essayer. There were no matches. The closet thing I got was Raphael Essayer, so I clicked on it. But when I did the screen went back. I sighed, leaning back in my chair. Now what am I suppose to do? I was about to get up when the screen glittered back to life. This time it revealed a book cover. The books name: The destruction of Angels. I went to the information desk to find out if the book was here, but someone had already rented it out. Guess my hot streak was over. The other library was on the other side of town and without a car I was out of luck...unless of course...

"Hey, Zane! Do you want to take a rode trip?" I asked politely. I f I could get him to go then all my problems would be solved, I thought.

Zane's P.O.V

I watched Cherri as she stalked out of the library. I couldn't let her figure out the secret so I had to keep her busy. If anyone should've told her who we really were, it should've been me and not Ralph. He doesn't know her and she'd just thing it was weird. I could've explained the whole truth, but yet she has to know. I just didn't want her to find out this way...it seemed so...deceitful. "Hey." She said as she got into the passenger seat. "Thanks again for picking me up." She said as I stared at her. Her light brown eyes curious and her auburn hair looked a bit red in this light. Her olive skin was perfect, no wonder Rubin loved her so much. Cherri truly is one of the most gorgeous mortal woman I've ever seen.

"No problem." I smiled. "Now where is it I'm suppose to take you?" I focused on the road now.

"Uptown, but not past the creek." She sank back in her chair. I started the car and drove onto the highway before speaking again.

"So what are you looking up anyway?" I eyed her cautiously.

She winced. "I'm giving you food, so it shouldn't matter." She sighed. I laughed.

"I still want to know." I said.

She sat straight. "Alright, but you can't say anything." She looked around as if making sure we were alone, or maybe that was just her nervous instinct. "There was some strange guy name Ralph Essayer that visited me today, so I decided to cheek him out online and it turns out that his full name is Raphael Essayer and the only like to him is the book about Angels." She said quickly.

"Did he write it?" I could feel panic surging through me, but I had to keep my cool. She's figured it out before.

"I have no idea." She frowned. "Someone else rented out the book, but I intend on finding it. I need to know who he is and how he knows me. If a stupid book can tell me that then be it." I frowned.

"It's probably not a stupid book." I defended. "You never know." I should, I was one of the people that wrote it.

Sorry, it's kind of short...but i'm really exhasted today! Hope you guys are liking th story & don't forget about summer crush! it's ending soon!

-Comment & Vote!

-Become a fan (maybe?)