I blinked, no words came out and my mother already knew. "You cannot start a relationship on impulse, dear." My mother sighed.

"No mom, I didn't start with Jungkook impulsively. I've thought about this. Although this moment, I may not love Jungkook, I can always develop feelings for him. I just need some time, I can,"

"No, Lea. This is not how relationships work. You cannot develop feelings for another person when someone is holding a huge part of your heart."

My mother moved closer, holding my hands in hers. "Listen to me, Lea. There's nothing more important than following your heart. I don't want you to regret later. If your heart still yells Taehyung's name, you are hurting. If Jungkook knows, he's hurting either."

"You know, your grandparents never approved me and your father. I was the stubborn one, chasing after him. If I have to choose again, I will do the same. I don't regret it. The memories of your father and I were beautiful and probably the best part of my life. He hurt me, yes, but I cannot hate him. I love him. I won't have you if I didn't be together with him. I'm glad till today that I followed my heart."

"Mom... I'm scared." I let a tear slipped out of my eyelids.

"What are you scared of? What's the thing holding you back from being together with the person you truly love?"

"I don't want to get hurt again. I don't want another heartbreak. I can't trust Taehyung."

"Honey. I don't know the details about what happened years ago that caused the two of you to separate. I can't guarantee you to be safe from another heartbreak but trust is a decision. It's a foundation of everything. Every time you trust, it's like risk-taking, you decide to take the risk or not. Everyone deserves a second chance, don't push him out of the door before you let him try. If you truly love Taehyung, have faith in him, and yourself."

Did I never allow Taehyung to show how he has changed? I was a fool... Taehyung must be so frustrated.

"Taehyung has something for you." My mother said, walking over to her room. She came back with a little paper bag, what's inside was a necklace.

Not just an ordinary necklace.

But the one he gifted me on our first anniversary, also the one I returned to him the day we broke up.

"The boy visited me, he told me to give this to you because he wasn't brave enough to give you himself." I chuckled softly, stopping from crying as I touched the silver material in my hand. The history of it came to my mind.

"Close your eyes, baby," Taehyung ordered, I eyed him suspiciously before closing my eyes, grinning from excitement. Today is our first anniversary. We stood under the Ferris wheel, Taehyung claimed this place to be the most romantic spot in Seoul.

I flinched at the feeling of cold metal touching my neck. "Don't! Don't open your eyes," Taehyung demanded, he lifted my hair, wearing something on my neck.

A necklace?

"Okay, you may open your eyes now."

The moment I opened my eyes, the colourful fireworks bloomed in the night sky in front of my eyes.

"Taehyung!" I screamed in surprise, Taehyung hugged me from behind, his arms wrapped around my waist as he snuggled closer. "The necklace!" I reached to the pendant of the accessory, which is a shimmering golden key.

"The lock is on my bracelet." Taehyung giggled, raising his wrist for me to see.

"Happy anniversary, baby."

"Decide for yourself, it's impossible to have no regrets in life but don't make them more." My mother smiled warmly, providing me with space to think.

I couldn't lie to myself, there were countless scenarios of Taehyung and my blissful future in my head. Should I look at the bright side when I choose to trust a person or not? I would never be able to choose if I'm always so pessimistic about everything. Always haunted by the "what ifs". I would never be happy.

Taehyung has changed for me, he came back for me.

Should I trust him?

Colour the star at the corner!

💜