Last night, I checked every possible openable drawer in this room to find a calendar for the current date. Fortunately, I found it. Unfortunately, we're close to the beginning of the novel.

I hope Ismeta and Julius or Kruess never meet.

I'll do everything in my willpower to not make that happen.

In a week or so, Julius will go to the Whitlock Sanctuary to do a thorough sweep of the place and their home.

I pity Ismeta, I do. Sympathize even. I feel bad for her about her past and how her parents are shit holes.

But, sadly, I'm not attached to her character even if she had the saddest backstory of all characters in this novel. (she doesn't)

You can call me a bad person. I would be delighted to be in that role if it means that the characters I love won't have to suffer. Even if I have to pay with my life to protect them. But I'm afraid that wouldn't ever happen.

Hmm, I wonder why I'm so attached to fictional characters. I sigh sadly.

I fold my bed neatly, my thoughts occupying my mind for a long time that I didn't even notice a maid knocking on my door four times and giving up. The loud creak of the door snapped me out of my thoughts and I jumped back out of reflex.

The brownish-orange hair maid bowed deeply upon seeing me, "My lady, The Crown Prince has requested for your presence."

I didn't miss the way her eyes slightly widened in surprise when she saw my cleanroom.

Well, it wasn't really clear yet. I still have weird heebie-jeebies when trying to walk on the floor without my slippers on. I guess I have to mop later.

I frown in confusion as I clench the blankets, nervousness starting to fill my nerves. "Why?" The meek maid stopped bowing and now is standing up straight like she's seen a soldier, "He's here to check on you."

"On my condition?" She nods. I clench the sheets more tightly and smile.

"When?" I ask while loosening the tie on my hair.

"At his afternoon tea, his highness has been busy lately." She bows as if she's apologizing in his stead.

Of course, he's busy, I have no idea how this man even has time for me. Worry about your own wife and duties stupid bitch!

And then it hits me.

Ah, shit.

I have no idea how courtesy works in this world. I've read about it and seen it in a television drama but I've never really seen someone do it. Well, except the maids that greets me with a little fear. I've never done it.

I dismissed the maid and she hurriedly exited my room. I was stunned. I shake it off, I guess Celine attracted unwanted attention.