one

Musa Rayyan Hamdaani, a man of few words, sincere, hardworking and protective of his friends and family.

He was strict but not insensitive; a disciplinarian but didn't pull rank; possessive but not suffocating to his peers.

Nothing seemed to ever ruffle his feathers, ripple his calm waters or provoke him to an extent to take hasty measures.

But, all this flew out of the window when he set eyes upon a nymph- a green eyed, brown haired beauty! She was a nimble little thing at 15. Her air of innocence and also the slight cluelessness that emanated in abundance was like a siren call and he was a lost sailor.

He saw her for the first time in his little sister's Nikaah, she was at the forefront of the baraat. His mama said she's the groom's only sister- Hania!
Not wanting to come across as a pedophile he averted his gaze but his traitorous eyes sought her out even in a crowd!

Hania Musa Hamdaani has a nice ring to it and he's going to make it happen, come what may she will be his wife!

He didn't see her for the whole of next year. He avoided going to the Khan household citing various reasons. He wanted to test his feelings for it may have been an infatuation or a silly crush.

By the end of the year, he was sure that what he felt for Hania was way too strong to be categorized as a passing emotion. He was reeled in- hook line and sinker!

Now to act upon it, he had to make sure he was worthy of the Khan princess. He was still in University, only in the second year, had just about begun his internship despite his father telling him to start it after he graduates.

He wanted to be the best person ever for his girl. He cannot risk her family denying his rishta when he sends his mama to ask for her hand.

Luckily, during Eshal's godhbharai ceremony Hammad Bhai had picked up on their subtle stolen looks in each other's direction and had talked to his father the very next morning.

All this and he had yet to even speak to her! Although he was quite certain she liked him too, if it was to be  judged by the shy glances she sent his way. Just to be sure that he had not misread her actions or lack thereof, he told his mama to ask for her consent before proceeding.

Her happiness mattered the most to him, even if there's a chance that it may not lie with him. Alhamdulillah, his feelings were not unrequited and Hania wished to marry him as well.

It's been two years since that day and they were to be wed in an hour. The Nikaah was to be a small and contained ceremony with only the family present.

The ancient masjid was an intimate backdrop for the same. Musa had overlooked the arrangements till even half an hour before, he was that invested in it.

Hania had finalized the catering and even made a deal where the leftover food was to be distributed to the Raazdaani Heritage Orphanage. His wife had a golden heart and he would forever try to keep it that way.

It was time and only a thin white net sheet separated him from the love of his life. The Qubool Hai echoed in the ancient architectural marvel and they were bonded for life.

After posing for the photographer for various cheesy pictures, they were finally called for the ceremonial lunch. That earned him a loud squeal from his wife.

He already knew from Eshal that Hania was a big foodie, although where it all went was a mystery in it self. He had made special arrangements for tonight keeping that information in mind.

The rituals were never ending and after what seems like eternity and being looted and going bankrupt by his cousins, he was finally let into his own room.