Chapter Ten

A/N: Hey there! Here's the next chapter of the story. There are two more chapters left so this is not the end. I hope you like it!

...................................................................................

They were woken up by the sound of their phone ringing.

“Ugh,” Chris leaned on his elbow drowsily and Jonny’s eyes fluttered open and his brow furrowed.

“Uhh, phone,” he mumbled sleepily and uncovered himself to get it.

Just as he sat on the bed, the annoying noise suddenly stopped.

From where he was lying, Chris had a privileged view of the other boy’s back.  He could have stayed there, counting with his lips each and every one of his freckles for the entire day; he in fact, pictured himself doing so.

“It’s sunny,” the guitarist said, voice full of surprise.

So focused on Jonny’s smooth skin was he that Chris had barely noticed anything else. He raised his eyes and sure enough, after more than a week of blizzards, the Sun was shining outside.

“Wow.”

“Morning,” Jon turned around with a lovely smile on his face.

“Morning, Jonnyboy!” he reached out and briefly caressed his back wondering if, even after their chat last night, he could still get at least a tiny kiss from those lips.

He was about to try for one, when the phone began ringing again.

“Shit,” Jonny laughed and made a run for the sitting room without bothering to throw any clothes on, a decision he quickly regretted, Chris noticed, when before picking up the telephone he heard his best friend cursing the radiators for malfunctioning.

“It’s for you, it’s your dad,” Jon rushed back and snuggled under the duvet in no time.

“My dad?” he tilted his head with a confused expression.

“Yeah,” Jonny uttered through chattering teeth, “Put something on, it’s fucking freezing,” he advised.

Chris laughed, and rubbed his hands quickly on his friend’s arms in an attempt to warm him up. The lovely smile on Jon’s face was his best reward. “Thanks.”

“Better?”

“Yeah, thank you.”

“Not a problem, Jonny,” he grinned flirtingly at him and reached for his clothes.

“Hurry up, your dad will be pissed.”

“I know,” he laughed and shrugged into his sweater. Then, he pulled up his trousers and stumbled into the other room.

He rapidly got hold of the receiver, “Hi dad,” he said.

“What took you so long, eh boy?”

“Sorry, I…I had to put some more clothes on cause it’s freezing in the sitting-room.”

He heard his father tut-tut on the other end of the line and Chris cringed at his disapproval.

“Well, ready to come home?”

What? Home?

“What do you mean, dad?”

“The roads are being cleared, it will take a while for the trains to operate normally, but your uncle Harry is driving his van down to Devon to join us and offered to detour into London to pick you up on his way here. What do you say boy?”