ᴘᴛ. 11 - ᴛʜᴇ ᴄɪᴛʏ

Amber stared at herself in the mirror. Everything about her had to be perfect today; her hair, her outfit, even her little touch of make up.

Her black bomber jacket layered effortlessly over her simple red top, and her dark blue jeans were cuffed atop the stylish Docs she wore on her feet.

Amber looked at herself one last time, and marched into the living room.

"Fantastic outfit, bambina," her father complimented from the couch.

"Ci vediamo dopo, Papà," a huge grin lit up across her face as she slowly slid out the door. "Ti amo!"

Jake was already waiting by the elevator, as per usual. His long legs adorned in simple jeans, and a black flannel button-up around his broad torso.

The elevator ride was quiet. The subject of Timmy coming along was heavy, and Jake wasn't going to face it until he had to. They met the chilly air outside, walking to Timmy's apartment complex and making small talk about which of places they wanted to visit today.

"Are you going up to get him?" Jake asked.

"I should. His mom knows I invited him," she observed Jake's expression, a normal yet sad look in his eyes.

Amber ran up the stairs, getting to Timmy's place in record time. A few knocks on the door did the trick and there he was.

What a breath of fresh air.

"Hey," his eyes glimmered at the sight of her.

"You ready?" Amber could feel his eyes on her.

Timmy shook his head back into reality.

"Yeah... yeah, let's go."

They hurried down the stairs and back outside to meet a very unhappy Jake.

"Where to first?" He asked.

Amber's face immediately beamed with joy.

She's so cute when she does that.

"So... first Central Park and the whole museum area... and then Times Square?"

"All for you," Jake put his arm around her, pulling her away from Timmy as they walked towards the subway terminal.

I'm not gonna bite her.

Timmy acted as casual as he could, an awkward position was nothing new for him. He loved being with his friends and he loved the city, he could bear feeling a little uncomfortable.

Well... maybe not for the whole day.

-

After a very loud ride on the subway, the three finally arrived at Central Park. The park had a strangely beautiful aura to it, a big patch of green surrounded by beautiful, tall buildings and the sounds of the city.

"We should stay here for a few hours, check out some shops maybe, and make our way to Times Square for dinner and some more exploring," Jake counted on his fingers in thought. "We would get home probably around eleven."

Amber slapped his arm and ran towards a large body of water centered in the park.

"Stop being such a mom friend!" Her laugh echoed through the park. "Let's just have fun!"

Timmy watched Amber kneel in front of the water, looking at some mini sailboats people had made.

"Jake, I'm sure everything will be fine," Timmy reassured.

"You don't know what's good for her," Jake sneered. "Her dad worries about her, and I'm responsible for getting her home safely."

"I understand," Timmy shoved his hands in his pockets and looked to the sky. "Just don't be too hard on yourself, I'm here too."