ᴘᴛ. 10 - ᴄʀᴇᴡ

Jake shivered at the cool morning air as he opened the door for Amber.

"It's a pretty chilly fall this year," he walked through the door behind her. "I'll see you at lunch later?"

"I'm painting during lunch," she brushed her hair to the side. "I'll see you at rehearsal, yeah?"

"You better," he snickered to himself as he slowly drifted down the hallway to hangout with his 'cool' friends.

They're literally just guys over 6-feet tall.

"Amber!" A familiar voice shouted from behind her.

"Jesus. It's too early for this," she said under her breath.

A distressed Marissa appeared beside her, clutching her books to her chest.

"Amber! Jake is supposed to ask you out... soon. It's what I've been hearing!"

"Yeah, right," Amber rolled her eyes. "And did you hear the Pope is Jewish now?"

"Cut it out," she slapped Amber on the shoulder. "What are you going to say?"

"I'm going to say... that you are speaking utter bullshit to me right now," Amber mocked.

Marissa slowly made her way to the other side of the hallway, still leaning towards Amber.

"All of his friends know he is!" She said in a high-pitched voice.

Amber put both hands on her heart and nodded in appreciation.

"Can't wait!" Amber fired back.

-

Timmy hesitantly placed his quiz in the class tray, praying that his guesswork at least got him a seventy.

I haven't paid attention in weeks.

Amber was staring at him from her seat, a dreamy smile on her face and her eyes half-closed.

His long lashes, glowing skin, his perfectly-pointed nose...

It was when he sat back down that he noticed her eyes were on him. Timmy stared back, getting lost in his daydreams, as he usually did.

Even before he spoke a single word to her.

His daydreams began to turn into nightmares. This weekend is supposed to be fun, not be a trigger for Timmy's anxiety.

What will Jake do? What will Jake say?
Will he hurt me?

The bell eventually let out it's piercing ring, a signal to let the students go.

"Timmy!" Amber ran up behind him and grabbed his hand. "Crew is on set today, you should keep me company later."

"Uhm," Timmy let out a nervous laugh, "I hope I can, but they might have us do actual work."

"They better not," she huffed. "I hate painting alone."

That's not true. She did her best work when she was alone.

"Well..." he spun her around in an empty space between some lockers. "I hate being on crew."

"I'll see you later," she lightly punched his shoulder and made her way to her next class.

He watched her walk away with wide eyes, forgetting the world around him.

"She's a dream," he whispered to himself.

The loud sound of footsteps behind Timmy startled him out of his daze.