18

After the day filled with baking, Eve spent the next few days making trips to the mall to find some gifts for her friends and family.

She'd spent some days too with Wooyoung, he'd promised her that they'd go ice skating one day and that was a day she'd never forget, both of them would never forget in fact. He ended up taking her the day before Christmas Eve too since Wooyoung said that it was one of his favorite times to go, especially since they'd give out free hot chocolate to those who were there.

Wooyoung, being good at absolutely everything, was the pro in this situation which made Eve feel even more embarrassed and extremely shy. But, he was able to convince her that they were going to have fun and he'd be there right next to her in case anything happened.

"You're going to be fine, Evie," Wooyoung encouraged, he was standing by the entrance of the rink with his hand out for her to grab so he could bring her steadily onto the ice.

"I don't know, Woo," she answered, unsure, she knew how sharp the blades were and really didn't want to slice off one of her fingers or one of his.

"Can you look at me for a sec?" he asked, a light smile on his face. She immediately met his eyes, they were full of anticipation for what was going to happen. "Now, I want you to focus on me and me only, I need you to trust me on this too. You trust me right?"

"Of course," she answered immediately without even thinking, causing her cheeks to dust with pink at the slight embarrassment.

He just let out a chuckle, "I want you to just focus on me, I am going to slowly bring you towards me, ok?"

She quickly removed her eyes from his for a beat to look down at the ice before returning to his strong gaze and taking a deep breath, she nodded. Slowly but surely they made it further away from the rink entrance and more towards the middle.

"I'm going to let go of one of your hands so we can be side by side, ok?" he asked.

Hesitantly, she nodded and she watched as one of his hands and one of her hands separated from one another and moving to their sides. With the one he was still holding, he managed to bring himself closer to her and they began to skate.

For most of the time they were holding hands neither of them really wanting to let go, even after Eve had begun to feel a little more confident with being on the ice. It wasn't until he suggested it, just to see if she could balance on her own since she was doing so well.

"I'm going to let go, now," he said, watching her carefully as she nodded and slowly removed her hand from his. She'd straightened up once they were apart, a light smile of accomplishment on her face as she looked down. She quickly moved her eyes up towards Wooyoung, both of them holding a smile on their faces but it didn't last too long.

It was as if time slowed as Eve's feet slipped out from under her and she begun to fall. Not really sure what to do she just braced for a cold and extremely hard impact only to feel the opposite.

"You can open your eyes," Wooyoung whispered with a light chuckle. He'd managed to catch her just in time, almost like they'd been dancing and they finished their routine with a dip. Slowly, she opened her eyes and looked up to see his intense stare on hers, "are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, I think, just got a little scared there for a second," she mumbled, still watching him intently. It was at that moment, too, that she realized that she really wished this fake relationship was anything but that.

"Such a cute couple," a sudden voice followed by two laughs said, quickly catching the attention of the two. They both looked to see an older couple looking at them for a moment before gliding away on the ice, both of them sending the two smiles that reflected a sense of fondness.

Quickly separating from each other but not enough for Eve to fall once again, they began to make their way to the rank exit. They'd been there for some time and quickly realized just how late it was. The rest of the ride was filled with a thick silence, the encounter with the older couple replaying in their minds and both of them thinking the same thing: was this still fake?

I apologize for this being so short, I thought about extending it but I enjoyed the Eve X Wooyoung moment alone so I thought I'd keep it just that. I am almost at 20 chapter and no one probably cares but I'm excited since this is the most committed I've been with writing in a while. I really do hope that everyone is enjoying this and the storyline is good so far. Don't worry, too, the little senior class getaway is coming soon and that's around when the real climax of this book is. Get ready!!