8.Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

(A/N) I'm sorry I'm being such an irresponsible writter. Please bear with me, I promise to make a better effort to update more often. Let me know what you think on the comments! Love xx

---

~50hrs~

Today Zayn doesn't want to get his hopes up on seeing Liam in the shop. The day before might have been Liam's day off, but maybe Tom thinks Zayn doesn't need Liam anymore since his training is complete. After all, he did train him well; always letting Zayn handle the costumers and giving him all the information he needed.

Louis' departure only makes his shoulders to slouch even more.

Zayn takes his sketchbook to the shop hoping time will pass faster if he's immersed in his own words and sketches.

He doesn't ask Harry about Liam; he doesn't want him to think Zayn needs him to do the job. Besides, he's too amused by Harry's fluster as he tells him to say hi to Louis for him.

Once Harry's gone, Zayn's thankful that the store is rather quiet. He can take his mind wherever he wants to in his sketchbook.

But he feels uncomfortable. His mind is thinking too fast for his hands and he isn't able to concentrate. He's also oddly chilly for an early-September day.

"What're you doing?" Liam asks sheepishly trying to get a glimpse at Zayn's work looking over the counter.

Zayn's reaction is to close his book, "God, Liam, I didn't see you there," he sighs.

Liam chuckles, "Sorry," he says as he takes his usual seat.

"So, you, uh... came," Zayn hesitates as he puts his sketchbook properly away.

"Uh... yeah," Liam replies as if it's obvious while he takes Zayn's borrowed book out of the drawer he claimed his.

"Oh," Zayn furrows his brows.

Liam completely ignores the book in his hands to speak again, "Yesterday I had the weirdest dream,"

"Yeah?" Zayn smirks giving Liam his full attention.

"You know the kind of dreams where you can't run no matter how fast you move your legs? And on top of that, you feel like someone's chasing you but you just can't go faster?"

"You dreamed someone was chasing you?"

"Not really," Liam tilts his head remembering, "I was laying on the ground and it was dark and I was extremely cold. And as much as I tried getting up, I couldn't,"

Zayn watches as wrinkles form in Liam's forehead.

"I could only see the dark sky but it wasn't like an open sky. I felt like I was in a big, big box. And felt something..." Liam says as if it's a bad thing, "like, I knew there was stuff all around me in that box,"

He shivers as he rubs his face with his hands, "It was so stressful. I couldn't move at all, I couldn't scream, and the cold was unbearable,"

Zayn feels an itch to wrap his arms and comfort the bigger man in front of him.

Liam smiles sweetly, "It's the kind of nights that make you wish you still lived at your parents, so you could crawl in between their sheets like a toddler and sleep for the rest of the night,"

Then, Zayn suddenly wants to be the comforted one.

"I don't think they'd let me, anyway. I'm too big for that now," Liam laughs, "But at least mom would've made me a warm cuppa,"

Zayn mutters an unintelligible answer as he picks on the threads that hang around his knees along the rip of his jeans.

"Did I say something wrong?" Liam frowns when he sees Zayn's reaction.