12.Take me into your loving arms

Sorry I took So. Amazingly. Fucking. Long.

Also, I screwed up with the ~0.1~ and such on the last chapter so let's just ignore that. One last thing, I changed the title of the previous chapter so don't think it was a double update):

-------

The only good thing about this mess is that it left Zayn with a lot of emotions, which provides him a lot of inspiration. So he writes.

Zayn just writes, eats, works, and sleeps; on repeat. His days go by pretty event-less.

He's very glad to finally see Harry genuinely happy; all smiles, dimples and shiny green eyes. But apart from that, he feels miserable.

The shop is lonely, and Zayn almost hates it. But he doesn't allow himself to think about Liam, though.

Louis was quite helpful.

As the amazing friend he is, he paid him a surprise visit. He spent the weekend taking care of Zayn; cooking for him, keeping his toes warm, and cuddling him.

Zayn wasn't so depressed to be treated like a hurt baby deer, but once Louis' brotherly and protective side showed, there was nothing Zayn could say to make him stop babying him. Not that Zayn minded much, anyway.

Louis' train leaves at five, so he drops Zayn off to the bookstore before he heads to the station.

"Oh, hi. Hi!" Harry greets enthusiastically when he sees both guys walking into the shop.

They greet back.

"I didn't know you were here, Louis," he smiled. His tone wasn't accusing, only impressed.

"Yeah, I just came to look after Zayn," he shrugs with a faint blush.

"Oh, you feeling ill?" He asks Zayn worried.

"No," Louis answers for him, "just a bit down, 's all,"

"Good! I mean, not that you were down but, like, you aren't sick, so that's good," Harry rambles, "anyway I wanted to tell you that Liam is back on his feet!"

Zayn's sudden tension is minimal, but Louis notices it and gives half a step for their shoulders to align. Zayn is grateful for the contact and leans a bit on his friend.

Harry keeps talking cheerfully, "Well, not on his feet. On his foot, actually. He's got crutches because his right foot is still healing. But, like, he's fine and out of the hospital,"

"We're meeting in the pub where I play tonight, and I was gonna invite Zayn but you're here and that's even better," Harry smiles brightly at Louis, "I'm not playing tonight but it'll be fun. Niall will be there too and you can get to know Liam and all."

"Straight from the hospital to a pub?" Louis chuckles.

"Well, not actually straight. He was discharged from the hospital this morning and since he's a lot better he just wants to go out," Harry shrugs, still smiling, ". So... you're coming?" he asks.

"Yeah, sure. Why not?" Louis speaks.

Zayn turns to look at him confused because his train is leaving in an hour.

Louis shrugs him off with a shake of his head.

Harry waits for them to finish their short, silent conversation.

"Yeah, okay," Zayn gives in.

"Brilliant!" Harry grins, "So, nine's okay? It's a bit early but we don't want him to sleep late either,"