17

“Really JB a graveyard?” I mumble from the back seat where I’m sitting next to JJ as he’s about to light a blunt. 
I tutt at him slowly reaching up to grab it out of his hand when he suddenly yanks it away. 
 “You mind if I just relax on this one?” he asks. 
“Yes I do.” I huff. He ignores me as he turns to Pope, 
“Oh, did you want a hit of this?”
Pope gives him a side look as he pushes the blunt as far from him as he can. 
    “I keep the signal clear.” 
    “As should you.” I say picking the blunt from his hand having the urge to light it but throw it on the ground and smashing it with my shoe instead. 
    “You used to be my smoking buddy, what happened?” I turned from him looking out the window. Even when in remission it could quickly make me short of breath. Now it makes it even worse. 
I just shake my head at him after seeing his questioning glance and stare out the window until I hear John B speak up.
    “Look, I-- I know I was wrong. about the lighthouse, all right? 
And wrong about everything else going on. 
But I-- I was right about one thing. Okay? My dad is trying to tell me something.”

We hop out of the van and start to follow John B to wherever he was leading us. 
    “Come on.” 
    “We’re coming JB, slow down.” I whisper yell, slightly freaked out of all around us. 
    “Yeah John B our darling Adeline is scared.” I shove him with a shudder going down my spine as I try to survey the darkness around us. 
    “You know how you're trying to remember a song, and can't remember who sings it?”
John B asks as we all nod along understanding what he’s saying. 
    “So, Redfield. This whole time, I thought it was a place, right? 
But it's not a place. It's a person.”
    “Voi-effing-là.” JJ says lightly with mouth agape. 
“Olivia Redfield, right? Big John told me about her once or twice. A great grandmother?” 
John B nods along with me, 
“Great great grandmother. Olivia Redfield. That was her maiden name.” 
“Help me with the door, come on.” John B says pulling JJ towards him as he and Pope move closer to the door trying to push it open.  
“The door is like 700 pounds, it’s not gonna open.” Pope says with a grunt as he and JJ move away from the supposed entrance. 
“We got this.” they say attempting to push the door again. 
“Woah” I heard Pope yell. 
“A snake!” JJ says backing so far back he bumps into me in which he turns to grab onto my arm. 
“That's a moccasin, all right.
Ye olde Dr. Cottonmouth. Death in tall grass.” JJ says before starting to bark at the snake that was slowly slithering away. 
I slapped his back pulling him away from the snake he was walking closer to. 
    “God JJ stop!”
    “They're afraid of dogs. Everyone knows that, man. If there's one, there's probably dozens.” John B shakes his head at JJ. 
Kiara and I both smack JJ up the side of the head,
“Stop you’re scaring us.”
“Just making sure it's clear.” he mumbles. 
“We're not gonna get in there, all right? It's not budging. We should probably just go.” John B says turning to head back to the van. 
“I can get in there.” I state moving closer to the door. 
I hear JJ huff before reaching forward and wrapping an arm around my waist keeping me back. 
    “No, no, no. you are not going in there.”
    “JJ if I can help, I want to. I can fit in there. Just give me a boost.” I argue trying to get this done quickly.
    “No.”
“Yes.”
“No.”
“JJ I swear to god shut up.”
“Both of you just shut up.” Pope says pointing at both of us. 
I give JJ a pointed look to which he looks away from before walking over to John B.
    “What exactly am I looking for?” 
He lets out a soft sigh, 
    “You’ll know when you see it.”
I get on my tippy toes trying to see through the hole when I feel a presence next to me. 
JJ holds out his hand for me to grab and leans on his knee so I’m able to get into the hole. 

"All right, on three." he says with a huff as I suddnely jump up,
"Okay, never mind. Just forget about three."

"I got it." I say with a sigh landing on my feet on the inside of the dark tomb. 
"Okay flashlight?" I asked, holding my hand up behind me. 
"Oh yeah. Here." Kie scrambles passing me her flashlight. 
"Thanks.
Uh I need more light."
"Yeah, yeah, here." John B mumbles.

"Oh my god." I breathe out, mouth agape.
"Lin, you okay? Find any gold?" I heard JJ ask. 

"It's definitely not gold."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

hi sorry im tired and not feeling well but i really wanted to finish this up!
episode 2 is done!

hows your weekend?

:)

unedited