04

As I was the last to walk out of the chateau I made sure to take my nausea medicine so I wouldn't feel as sick being out in the sun all day and hopefully not get many other symptoms. I quickly swallow them down and briskly walk to the dock careful to watch my breathing.

Jumping onto the HMS pogue with a helpful hand from JJ, I go to sit on the bow of the boat, JJ following my actions, and sitting alongside me on my towel I laid out with John B at the steering wheel.

Taking my shirt off I lean my head back to bask in the bright sunlight. I move my legs feeling JJ stand up and talk to some locals.

"Hi, Miss Amy! You guys get through it?" John B asks, raising a hand as a wave and I stand to join JJ also waving to the couple on the dock.

"Still here," she shouts back with a wave of her own.

John B asks JJ to take over steering the boat so he could sit down for a bit so before JJ could reach it I stepped up to the steering wheel silently telling them I wanted to try and steer it.

"Yeah no, you're not steering alone," JJ says with a stern face slowly trying to peel my hands off the wheel.

I huff looking at him with a pout,

"JJ come on, you guys are here this time, supervision you know. I won't wreck!"

"You said that last time and I don't care you're not doing it alone." he sends me a slight glare as I continue trying to push him away.

"Then help me!" I glare at him while his lips turn up into a slight smirk.

I let out a shriek as JJ pulled me by my wrist placing me to stand in front of him at the wheel, his hands on top of mine. I shiver even though I feel the hot heat seeping through my skin as JJ pulls my hair behind my ear as he softly whispers into my ear,

"I'll always help you Ads." I have a soft smile on my face as I look at John B with burning red cheeks just to see him already looking at me with an unfamiliar expression.

Sooner than later we pull up to the dock at Heyward's with John B and JJ yelling at Pope.

"We have a safety meeting. Attendance mandatory." John B says to Pope in a muffled voice.

"-I can't. My pop's got me on lockdown," he shouts back still holding the hose he was using before we pulled up.

I look up at him using my hand as a make-shift shield to protect my eyes from the sun,

"Come on Pope, you can't leave me with these idiots all day. We need some intelligence besides me here." He gives me a soft smile as I send him a subtle wink.

"Your dad's a pussy. Over." JJ says, also in a muffled voice like JB did as he steps next to stand next to John B on the edge of the boat leaving me at the wheel by myself.

I see Heyward walk up before he speaks to the boys,

"Oh, I heard that you little bastard," he shouts, pointing at JJ before turning to me, sending a smile and wave in my direction as I soon return the gesture.

During the summer and especially during hurricane season I like to help out Heyward and Pope with anything they need. Whether it's doing runs with either of them or stocking shelves.

"We need your son." John B shouts, JJ soon joining in,

"Yeah, and island rules. Day after a hurricane's a free day."

"Who came up with that?" I mumble looking down at my feet.

JJ chuckles before pulling me over to him with his arm around my shoulders.