Volume 5 Ep. 5 - Rest and Resolutions

Narration
-QROW-

Qrow walks up to a small house with boarded-up windows. He looks at his scroll for his two remaining contacts. Shani Fiorenza's name was crossed out, but Heather Shields' wasn't.

"Heather Shields." Qrow reads out before he knocks on the door. Receiving no response, he bangs it loudly with the side of his fist. Before he's about to bang on the door again, a man opens the door.

"Oh, uh, hey there. I'm looking for Heather?" He tells the man as he just stares back at him. "Look, pal, I've had a rough day. Do you know where she is or not?" Qrow vocalized.

"Daddy?"

A little girl appears, walking up next to her dad. "Does he know where Mommy is?" The little girl asks her dad. "I, um... I'm sorry to bother you." Qrow sighs in regret.

The man and the girl go back into their house. Qrow walks back into the rain. He removes his flask from his shirt and considers taking another drink from it, but...

"You sure you should be drinking on the job?" A familiar voice asks him from afar. Qrow turns to the voice and sees Y/N sitting on a nearby roof. "What are you doing here?" Qrow asks him, putting his flask away. Y/N smiles down at him, removing his mask.

"I can't just walk around these parts?" Y/N queried. "Not saying anything, kid. Were you responsible for this?" Qrow looks up at him. "Responsible for what?" He asks the Hunstman.

"Heather." He coldly answers. "I don't know who she is." Y/N says convincingly, shaking his head. "But... it looks like your gathering of people isn't working." Y/N continued, laying on the rooftop restlessly.

"Like you can do any better." Qrow countered. "Maybe... maybe not..." Y/N stated. Qrow watches Y/N jump on to his feet and stretch. "You gotta hurry, Qrow. Cause it looks like we're one step ahead." Y/N tells him, pushing his mask on.

"Word of advice." Y/N starts, turning his back to Qrow. "The more the merrier." Y/N tells him and jumps off the roof. Qrow grumbled to himself and, too, left the village.

. . .

Qrow leans against a stone railing, defeated. "This isn't right. I get one or two of them, but... all of them?" Qrow muttered. He sighs and hangs his head in disappointment.

Suddenly, a red portal opened behind him. "Raven?" He turns to the portal. His question was answered by the sounds of a motorcycle coming through the portal.

"Oh." He lets out with widened eyes as Yang and Weiss appear out of Raven's portal. Yang stops her bike as the portal disappears. "Uh... dinner's about ready if you girls are starving?" Qrow lets out dumbfounded.

. . .

Qrow and company finally arrives at the house. He turns to Yang and Weiss, placing his index finger on his lips, shushing them. They both nod and stand close behind Qrow.

He opens the door and enters the house. "I'm back!" He announces. "Be right there!" Ruby's voice echoes through. Qrow gestures the two girls to walk in as he closes the door behind them.

"Hey, uh, Ruby?" Qrow calls out to her again. "I'm coming!" Ruby shouts back. After awhile, she walks into the living room holding a tea tray. Her focus was trained on the tray.

"So, we didn't know how many people were coming, so we just cooked all of it." Ruby tells her uncle as she looks up. Ruby gasps as she drops the tea tray and its contents, which shatter on the floor.

She continues to stare in disbelief. Yang slowly approaches her little sister. "Yang, I... I'm so sorry! I -- I should've stayed, and I should've talked to you more! I'd -- I just..." Ruby's voice cracked.