pt 21. you infuriate me

"im only a fool for you, and maybe you're too good for me, im only a fool for you, but i don't fucking care, at all"

c l o v e r

I pushed Sin out of the room so I could apologize to Dean and let him know I might give him a call tomorrow if he's okay with that. He was of course, and I suddenly found myself stuck at the door hesitating to open it. My hand twitched for the knob every few seconds until I finally pushed away the anxiety and opened the dang thing.

I didn't expect to see the three men sitting in the small living room with glasses in each of their hands. I walked closer and let myself sit on the couch next to Marco, no one was speaking until Gio looked my way. I timidly asked how everything went. "We will need to keep an eye on him, I didn't buy any of that I'm on vacation bullshit." Eliot said he was just on a vacation? Who takes bodyguards and employees on a vacation to Italy?

Before I could voice my other question Marco emotionlessly spoke. "Tony wasn't there, maybe that rat bastard really was kidnapped." I felt my heart drop and I almost came out of my skin when my phone rang loudly. I got up from the couch and hurriedly picked it up from it's spot on my bed and greeted a frantic Carmella.

"Clover, Clover, you have to listen.."

I rushed out of the room with the phone pressed to my ear stumbling over the boys to get to the remote. I tripped over Gios foot landing straight on my knees, I didn't let that stop me as I frantically typed in the numbers to get to Chanel twelve.

"Who's on the phone?"

"Are you alright Clover?"

I ignored their questions and felt the room grow tense and quiet as we listened to the news reporter.

"..-no students have been reported injured, further information regarding the New York University shooting will be updated as soon as possible, if you have any inform-"

I hung up on Carmella shaking as I desperately pressed the contact. "Oscar, Oscar are you okay?" I hadn't noticed I was crying until I heard my own voice. Oscar assured me he was fine and promised he would call after he was done being questioned by the cops.