Chapter 12

When Cassandra woke up she was in a hospital room. She looked over at Varain who was sitting in a chair next to her bed. He smiled when he saw Cass.

" How are you feeling? "Varain asked.

" Better. How long have I been in the hospital? " Cass asked. 

" About 3 or 4 days." Varain replied. When Cass heard this she sat straight up.

" Are the kids ok? Where is Rapunzel? " Cass panicked. 

" Shh. Lay down you are still healing." Varain said sitting next to Cass. " Rapunzel and the kids are alright." Varain reassured her. 

Cass held Varains hand.

" I missed you. I am so sorry you had to go through all of that and I had no clue." Cass said. Varain smiled. He kissed Casses forehead. 

" It's not your fault." Varain said. Cass smiled. She was  finally with her true love once again. 

Just then they heard a knock on the door. 

" Come in."Cass said. Cassidy, Veronica,  and Wilder walked in. 

" Mommy!" Wilder said as he ran up to hug his mother. 

" Be gentle Wilder she is still recovering." Varain said. Veronica walked up to Varain and... hugged him. 

" I'm sorry Daddy." Veronica said as she began to cry.

" It's ok Veronica.  I love you. You don't need to be sorry." Varain said. Cassidy went over and sat next to Varain. 

" We love you Dad. And we always will." Cassidy said. Varain began to cry. 

" I love you. All of you." Varain said.  He held his family closer than ever, never wanting to let go. Finally a happy ever after or so they thought.

Authors Note : What did you guys think? Thank for reading my first fanfic.  I appreciate all the love I have been getting recently. Also  should I make a sequel.  I didn't plan to but maybe I should. Be honest. I am working on another book right now titled What death does to you. It's a Cassarian story. OK bye. :)