How It Was

New York City glowed in the electrified night as cabs and busses drove through the streets. "The city that never sleeps" chelsey said happy and relaxed as she stared out the window of her medium sized appartment. She walked drowsily to her bathroom and peered at her features. her perfectly moisurized, zit free, freckleless skin match her well tken care of features. She smiled at her reflection and changed into her night clothes. her room was tidy, not a lip gloss tube out of place. dozing off in bed, Chelsey thought about her mother janice, who was a lawyer, and her cases. she seemed to work everywhere and stay in New York. she worked in sacramento, talahassee, nashville, you name it! just half a year ago her mom saved a ranch in freer from closure, her mother talks with the owner a bit still.chelseys eyes grew heavy after one quick look at the clock: 9:13. she took a deep breath and fell into a deep sleep.

Chelsey slapped the snooze button on her katy perry alarm clock. she groaned then it hit her. its saturday. she smelled something in the air, pancakes! mom was home! chelsey jumped out of bed, put on her bunny slippers and walked out of her room towards the kitchen. "Hey honey your up!" her mother said as chelsey entered. "hey mom! how was work? cool!" she said quickly and estatic hoping to make plans for later that day. "a mall trip huh?" janice said with a chuckle. "you get me!" chelsey said before going back to her room to change. "what to wear what to wear..." she mumbled as she fliped through her closet. she finally settled on a blouse and designer cut offs. she twirled and sighed happily. she looked at her bookshelf full of tiger beat magazines, took one, walked into the kitchen and sat at the bar. she still cant get over the fact harry styles fell for taylor swift! even though this was old news, she enjoyed the fashion tips, and giant posters. "blech! hurk!" her mother said as she saw the magazine. chelsey just rolled her eyes and smiled with her mom silence followed "sweetie?" her mother said as she sat down next to her. "yes mom?" chelsey responded. "we need to talk..."  janice continued. "about what?" she nervously answered. "you remember the ranch in freer?" her mother asked sweetly as she pulled the plates in front of them. "ummm yeah..."  chelsey responded again thinking this conversation was going nowhere. "the owner and i have had a relationship and he asked us to move to freer, Texas with his family!" janice said happily in hopes that her daughter would be happy as well. chelseys jaw dropped and questions rushed through her head. she was not happy. not at all.