Seeing his grandma, she was the only one to really make him smile or laugh other than King or his close friends. He could never keep his hard demeanor around her.

"Iss cold out, Maw." He defended, walking right into the small, warm, cozy house as she closed the door behind her.

"Maw" as he calls her, is the solid age of 65. She lives alone and has been for some years now since Michael moved out. Her husband, Michael's grandpa, had died about 10 years ago so it was always just her and Michael.

Michael hardly knew of his parents and hasn't heard from them since he was about 5. His grandma took care of him almost his whole life. He loves her to death and will protect her at all costs.

He visited weekly, making sure she had groceries, money to provide for herself, and protection at all times. Although she was a strong woman and still a young age as she was always on her feet and in mostly good shape, he still treated her as if she was brittle bones which she had no choice than to tolerate.

"Whatchu doin' here so late boy?" She asked.

He scoffed and turned on the TV. "Late? Maw iss only like 7pm." He laughed lightly and shook his head as she glanced at what was showing on TV which was Moesha.

"You'n usually come dis late. Whatchu up to today?" She casually asked, getting comfortable onto the soft fabric couch, reclining the chair so her legs were nice and comfortable.

He kept quiet for a second and just bit his lip. "Hangin' out wit' King." He shrugged

She tsked at him. "You and Jeremiah betta still not be causin' all that trouble out there. It ain't safe." She warned him and he rolled his eyes with a smile. "Maw you know it ain't easy to quit the streets. Plus I ain't doin' nothin' out there. I'm straight." He assured her, shrugging his shoulders

She narrowed her eyes at him and looked him up and down, causing him to laugh lightly at her again. "What all that fo?"

"Where all dat money from then?" She asked, fixating her eyes on his pocket, which contained the stack of money he got from Pop's people and he glanced down at it and shrugged nonchalantly.

"I got a job." He replied

She kissed her teeth and waved him off. "Quit playin' wit' me."

He knows she doesn't like him out on the streets doing what he does but it was almost like an addiction. He did everything to gain either respect or money from others.

"Maw I'm straight. We rich!" He exclaimed. "How you think I be gettin' you money n shit all the time?I'a do anything to provide fo you. I earn my money fo you." He assured her, taking the stack out of his pocket before handing her half.

She acted as if it was poison and moved her hand, causing it to drop onto the floor. "I know you ain't handin' me that dirty ass money." She shook her head. She meant figuratively. The money was not earned the right way.

"It ain't dirty, Maw." He sassed. "I earned dis shit. Now take it fo I jus' place it in yo wallet. Buy somethin' nice." He smiled at her and all she could do was laugh.

"You gon' be the death of me boy."

Although she was still a healthy age of 65, she had health problems at times and paying hospitals bills weren't always easy. But ever since Michael started his business in the streets, she never had to worry about paying them as long as he was around.

She had retired and didn't have to work anymore but things were still tough.

"I'mma catch you later, Maw." He said, leaning down to kiss her on the cheek and she fussed no longer and smiled at him.