🍋Polnareff x Reader (Part III)

A/N: A sour lemonade is now served! Please take your time and savor its sourness! Muah! Muah! 💋🍋👄

When you arrived back at the living room, he was still half-naked sitting on the couch with the puppy beside him eyes closed wagging its tail. You brought a towel and asked him to drape it around his shoulders. "Don't catch a cold." Polnareff accepted and wordlessly obeyed. He also said that his shirt was in the dryer.

Minutes later, you left and got back his shirt. He swiftly put it on but his words made you glad then disappointed. "Can I ask a favor (Y/n)?" You were already nodding your head, looking forward to take his rare request but his next words made you want to smack your head for agreeing in advance. "Will you help me ask around about her?" Looking at you expectantly and tittering at the same time.

'Was I giving too much meaning to his actions? Is that why he came looking for me?'

Swallowing your disappointment, you nodded your head with a tight smile on your lips. 'Am I a born masochist? (Y/n) you're stooping too low. Just to be with him a while longer?'

A bright smile spread on his face and tagged you along. Walking along the street, you got curious about the woman's name. "S-so what's her name?" Polnareff glanced at you and shrugged, "I don't really know."

Frowning at his vague answer, you pried for more, "How does she look like?"

Polnareff turned his gaze to the sky as if seeing her up there. "Uhmmm she's very pretty, she wears a gentle smile and she saved me once."

'You really love her huh?'

"There are too many pretty women around here. Are you sure she's real? You can't even describe her in detail."

"Let's just go around, maybe I'll see her again." Polnareff lightly responded and then turned his neck around scanning the nearby establishments.

"Why don't we eat first?" He asked but didn't leave much a choice since he already dragged you towards a restaurant. As you drew closer, you recognized it to be the one where you met him yesterday. "W-why here?" 'Does it hold a special meaning?' You wanted to ask but scared at his answer at the same time.

"Why not? They serve great food." He pulled a chair out and urged you to seat down. Situating himself across you, to other people you might even appear to be lovers on a date. 'I'll fool myself and be happy. I'm sorry, please let me take your place for the time being.'

This place was special since they can serve customer's personal request that is off the menu. Because of this, Polnareff let you taste French cuisine and he always asked whether it suited your taste. It was truly exquisite, you were not a picky-eater so enjoying both his attention and the food, you felt very much happy.

Then you showed him around the flea market in your area. He was pointing to objects he didn't recognize and you explained its name and use. It was simple but you were contented. Sometime later, both of you sat down on a bench and ate dirty ice cream from a nearby vendor. Watching kids running around and playing together, you sat side by side in comfortable silence.

As you stood up, you were about to tell him to look a bit more around but to your mishap something hit your side. You lost your footings and fell down. Polnareff caught you right in time in his arms. The child apologized and was on verge of tears so you quickly reassured him that it was all fine and let him go.

There was still a big problem not to mention the dark stain on your (f/c) dress. There were two hand prints from the kid's muddy hands. 'Now I can't continue anymore with these on.'

You were thinking hard staring at the dirty prints. 'If I go back home and change, we'll lose time. It's already getting dark but-' The jumbled thoughts in your mind stopped when Polnareff finalized a decision. "Let's head back."