Spirit of the Coin (Ouija Board)

***** P.S. I am not liable if you try to mimic things that I have stated in this book. Please refrain from doing so. You never know what will happen*****

        - The Fifth Grader

        I feel isolated and disgusted when I'm in my grade school. I was thin, ugly, poor and I can only have new things yearly like a piece shirt during Christmas party. I don't take those kind of things seriously but as a kid it gives different kind of thinking. I don't mind not having them - yes. I live simply with my life up until now. I went to school with no single cent sometimes. I love my mother so much. Let's name her Mother Daian. She never forced me to go to school if she has nothing to give unlike my father who is so strict like how a traditional father disciplined their kids with stick and salt. He forced me to go to school every time even when I feel sick or in my worse days. With that made sensed, I feel more attached to my mother who wished me nothing but happiness and security when I'm just near her. She wanted me to study in University which is just a walking distance from our previous home where my sister also graduated while my father want me to get the highest paid employee. I became a seafarer believing him while my mother Daian said to be a teacher is enough. ******Upon writing this I felt like I'm back to years in life and it's feels so cool*****.

        "You will leave normal. No hate. No disguise and I can always see you day by day", she said.

        I grew up with hatred in me. I feel alone and isolated. Right after then on my grade school, I have seen the joyfulness of the kids playing a video games. It makes me happy too. Then time after time, I've been playing in a way that it distorted my life up to this day. There's just too much of things happened when I was a kid. I can't carry all of it. I need happiness. I've been searching for it for many years.

        Here comes the fifth grader. After going back home from school, we used to watched televisions in a local channel here in Philippines. Those we're treasured moments. Anime, and such gives us a cherish experienced as a kid. On Saturday night of those days, there is this TV show named 'Oka Tokat'. Oka Tokat is a Philippine paranormal, supernatural drama, horror fiction series which aired on ABS-CBN and this station is now one of the trending topics in the Philippines due to it's franchise renewal. I missed one show of that day but it was shared by my classmate as the class resumed on weekdays. 

       The subject of that certain date was about 'Ouija Board'. As the classes finished earlier than it should be; Sheena, one of my classmate talked about what the show is about and gathered six classmates which includes me. The idea is to copy what they have done in the said show and as a enthusiastic kids, we all agreed. For them, it is nothing but a joke but for me it's a bit scary. I only agreed to her since she's my grade school crush. So we carry on with making the letters and digits written on a piece of bond paper. Nothing especial with the Ouija Board since it is not the actual board that is sold in the market today blessed by devils. We just write it up so we believed that nothing will really happen but we've tried anyway. 

        Everything seems normal. It was around 05:00 in the afternoon where most children already left the school. There where only six of us left in our room. We gathered and surrounded the written ouija board and placed a peso coin in the middle. I might not be taking any of it seriously but something really makes me afraid. There where four girls and two boys in that certain group. Two of them are already married as of the date.

        We started to place our little index finger together on top of a peso coin. This peso coin has a Jose Rizal's face facing side view and on the other side is a mountain and star and so on figures. The one facing downward is Jose Rizal's face then we started to move the coin in a circular motion. While doing it, Sheena started to say things like, "Show us if you are here, and tell us what's your name is" ****I barely remember it******

        Seriously, who the heck would listen to a fifth grader kids while using a written Ouija Board in an empty white coupon bond and not even sure what is to be say? If I am a lost ghost near them I swear I won't mind kids play. Exactly, for us it's perfectly a just grade school jollification! I never mind anything while the coin is moving until the coin placed itself on the letter Q. It was the first letter ever which is placed correctly since we closed our eyes and head facing the wall so no one could cheat. As the circular motion is continued by someone but not me, it again placed itself in the center of a correct vowel letter. The naming continues to happened until the 7th letters. This completed it's naming cycle. I was in a shocked and so they are. Here's what made us shocked. First, the coin generates a tremendous amount of heat not by the friction made from circular motion. Second, as we checked the coin, Jose Rizal's face is completely erased. Lastly, the name mentioned is my grandfather who is long dead already. They where worried after I said that it's my dead grandpa's name that we called and decided to throw the coin right away at the back of our section room where it is full of grasses and tall gmelina trees.

        There were chills everywhere. We were all scared especially me. I never thought such calling will make them hear it. It's not just a mere coincidence. Right now, I knew that there's nothing to me that is purely coincidence. Everything happens in my life always give a good reasons or would left a very bad impression. We left the room together after throwing the peso coin and burning the Ouija Board. With all just written words and the calling aren't even correct, what makes it hear us?

        The ouija, also known as a spirit board or talking board, is a flat board marked with the letters of the alphabet, the numbers 0–9, the words "yes", "no", occasionally "hello" and "goodbye", along with various symbols and graphics. This pattern fits Andersen's previous experimental research, using virtual reality. In this study, those who expected to encounter something supernatural were more likely to report experiencing it afterwards. 

         Who actually believed something supernatural will happen from our group? You said it right, it's my subconscious mind tells the tale. My experiences are wide when it comes to these. Other people would name it, the 'Third Eye' while I'm calling it bull****. I've been seeing ghost of my own at home since I was a kid. I've been catching people that I thought are people but aren't people at all. I've been hearing their breaths when I'm alone. What makes it worst is that after playing the game, Sheena forget to write 'HELLO AND GOODBYE' on the Ouija Board. What happen after makes our lives regret forever.

        NEXT: The School of Enchanted Dwellers