Chapter 1

*Always in Harry's POV unless said otherwise*

8 years old

"Harry go to your room right now! I've told you a number of times not to run in the house, now go!" Anne yelled at her son.

"But mooooommm." Harry cried.

"No! I said go and you'd better listen." She gave him a stern glare.

Harry huffed and made his way up the stairs to his room. He slammed the door and ran across the room jumping into the bed. He shoved his face in his pillow and began to sob loudly. He hated getting in trouble.

He heard a light knock on his door and turned to see his older sister Gemma standing there. Harry thought she was so lucky, she was 12 already. He wished he was 12 so maybe people would stop treating him like a baby.

"Oh Harry, please don't cry. Mom isn't really mad at you, she just wishes you would stop running in the house." Gemma mumbled sitting next to Harry and rubbing his back to calm his sobs.

"Hey it's okay. How about I tell you a bed time story. How's that sound?" She asked. Harry turned over and slowly nodded.

"Alright. So hmmm...I've got it. There's this boy, named Peter Pan. He lives in another world that you can only get to from here by flying-"

"Gem people can't fly silly." Harry cut in.

"Well he can because...because he has pixie dust, and when you sprinkle it on yourself it helps you fly. Anyways, so Peter Pan lives in this amazing world with his best friend Tinkerbell, she's the one he gets the pixie dust from. The world they live in is called Neverland and when you're there you NEVER grow up. You can stay a kid forever and there are no parents or even adults to tell you what to do." She rambled noticing Harry's wide smile.

"That's all for tonight. Next time you're down I'll tell you more." Gemma told him and Harry just nodded in response.

10 years old

"Harry what did I tell you about kicking that ball around in the house! You've broken my favourite vase, go to your room and don't come out. Go straight to sleep!" Anne yelled while sweeping up the broken vase.

Harry ran up to his room doing what he always did when he was upset; crying into his pillow, and just like always Gemma came into his room soon after. She's 14 now and Harry realised 12 wasn't that old. He wished he was 14.

"Hey Harry." Gemma said climbing onto his bed.

"Peter Pan?" Harry asked knowing she would understand. She always understood.

"Of course. So Peter Pan obviously isn't alone in Neverland. He flys to our world and finds boys like himself who just want to be a kid and not get yelled at by adults for it. He takes them with him to Neverland where they can all live and be happy. They're called the Lost Boys; the group of boys he brings to Neverland."

Harry waited for her to continue but she just stood up and he knew she was done for now.

"Goodnight Harry." She whispered turning off the lights on her way out.

12 years old

"Harry I can't believe you put gum in that poor girls hair! School is a time for learning not messing about. Go to your room!" Anne yelled disappointed.

"School is stupid it's a waste of time, and it's not my fault girls are annoying!" Harry huffed. His mom glared at him and he got the point. Harry did the usual and waited till Gemma finally came in.

"So I assume you want to hear more about Peter Pan?" She smiled. Gemma was 16 now! Harry wishes he was 16, 12 is so young.

"So Neverland is extremely magical. There are beautiful beaches there with mermaids, and forests with the most beautiful animals you could imagine. You never have to go to school there so you have all the time in the world to explore. Oh and did I mention girls aren't aloud there. Well except the mermaids and Tinkerbell, but it's just mainly Peter Pan and the lost boys." Like usual she didn't say she was done but just smiled, said goodnight, and got up and left.

14 years old

"Harry this is the last straw I can't believe you went to that party when I told you that you couldn't! Give me your phone, laptop, and don't expect them back anytime soon. Now go to your room you're grounded." Anne was fuming, why wouldn't her son ever do as he was told.

Harry ran up to his room. He didn't cry anymore but Gemma came in the room and he smiled.

"Hey have you seen my hair curler?" She asked. Harry was upset she didn't know what he wanted.

"Umm no...can you tell me more about Peter Pan?" He quickly added on.

Gemma gave him a weird look. " You're kidding right? You're 14 Harry you shouldn't want to hear those silly stories anymore." She sounded annoyed.

"But I like them." Harry told her sadly.

She looked angry now. "Do you hate this family that much that you've got to dream up a better world. Well I hope Peter Pan really does come and take you away then so maybe someone in this house could be happy." She spat.

All Harry could think once she left was; she's 18, I never want to be 18, I never want to grow up.

Present day, 17 years old

"Bye guys!" Harry yelled to his friends, walking into his house. He shut the door loudly so it would alert his mom that he's home without having to go tell her. He immediately went up to his room.

For another hour he just surfed the internet before he finally turned off his phone and closed his eyes. He couldn't sleep though because all he could think about was his birthday in two weeks. He was going to be 18, he despised that age. Everyone called it the age when you're finally an adult, and Harry never wanted to be an adult. He knows the stories his sister told him those many years ago were silly and made up, but he wished they were real and prayed every day his birthday came closer that Peter Pan would show up at his window to take him away.

He wished he could be forever young just like Peter Pan.

-

I'm super excited for this story but updates might be slow due to the fact I'm in the middle of two other stories. I hoped you enjoyed and will continue to read this. Vote and comment?
Ily x

-B