Chapter 39

Anu's POV

I quickly changed into the nightdress and slide onto Nikki's bed beside her. She was more than happy to share her bed with me. Just when I tried to sleep my brain remind me of everything that had happened in these two days. I struggled to push the negative thoughts aside. When I finally fell asleep, stupid dreams and nightmares took over making my night worse. One of it was, I saw that I was crying in a dark room while Anand was partying, my face was wet with tears and sweat while his face was glowing with a happy smile. What a stupid dream!

"What time is it?" I asked as soon as I woke up by noise made by Nikki.

"Oh, it's 9:06 I'm going to be late for office I will just leave now." She said brushing her ponytail one last time.

She wore a black dress which I chose for her a few days back. It looked so perfect on her and I couldn't decide which was more beautiful her dress? or the person wearing it?

"Wait. I will leave as well. I... I got to go home" I said. "To my parents" I added to let her know that I'm not going back to Anand. At least for now!

"Ok... I don't think I can wait for you now" she said looking at her rose gold watch,  "fresh up and have something before you leave. And Just lock the doors and take keys with you. I will take the keys back after my work" she said.

"Are you sure?" I said raising my eyebrows

"Yes. I will come to you after the work " She said "oh, I made the breakfast for you. Do finish it before leaving" she added.

I nodded with a smile.

"Bye Anu...." She gave me a hug before leaving.

It felt strange to be alone in Nikki's house. Soon I took a bath and finished breakfast after booking the cab. Thank God I found money in my bag just after opening it. I doubted if Anand had managed to slip the money into the bag.

While I was in the cab I shivered to the thought of facing my parents. What will I tell them? What if Anand had already told them? Will he do that? No, he won't! As soon as I reached home I saw my mom cleaning the house. She was surprised by my sudden appearance with the luggage. I hoped she or dad would be fine with the absence of Anand. I sat silently on the sofa after putting my bag beside it. My dad quickly came into the hall when my mom informed him about my arrival. As soon as I felt his gaze on me I lowered my face, I don't know why but I felt guilty, my legs started shivering. I managed to look at him slowly. He had a big happy smile on his face his eyes gave a hint of tears. I managed a big fake smile and stood up. He moved forward and embraced me.

After a bit of talk with my parents, I threw myself on the bed as soon as I reached my room.

"Ankitha has just left with her friends to watch a movie" mom informed before leaving the room.

I didn't respond and I let both my body and brain relax. But as soon as I closed my eyes, I couldn't help to wonder what Anand was doing.

"Akka"

"Akkaaa...." I felt someone shaking my shoulder.
I realized it was my irritating sister but I felt too lazy to wake up. 

She did not call me again in my ears so I relaxed once again and before I could go back to sleep I felt a pillow hit me hard.

"Ah... Ankitha...." I opened my eyes rubbing my head.

She giggled crossing her legs on the bed.

"Can't you see I'm sleeping?" I said while getting up.

"Can't you see I'm calling you?" she said with a grin.

I gave her an irritated look.

She laughed and reached me to give me a hug. I hugged her back after slapping her arm playfully. Even though I didn't meet her just for a few months it felt like I'm seeing her after a long long time.

"I missed you..." She said giving me a kiss on my cheek which she normally doesn't do.

"I missed you too" I smiled.

Well, that was the only sweet gesture she did for me. After an hour she was busy unpacking my bag and scanning each and everything, my dresses and my sarees.

I noticed she was growing faster and she also gained some weight. Her skin tone got a bit darker, I guess it's because she is going out more often to hang out with her friends.

"Can I wear this?" She said picking up a white dress which was one of my favorites.

I shook my head in disbelief.

"Please..." She made an innocent face.

"Why do you always have eyes on my dresses when you already have so many?"

"Because your dresses are more beautiful than mine," she said.

"Fine. Do whatever you want to."

I lyed back on bed, lost in thoughts.

It's really difficult to stay away from him. Whenever I think of doing something the first thing that comes to my mind is Anand.  It has not even been a single day and I already miss him so much. I felt terrible for treating him that way. He is a good person and I somehow know that he loves me and all I had to do was make him realize it. But instead of trying to pull him towards me, I pushed him, I told all those bitter words. I hurt him.

A week later:

It's been a week! But I regretted leaving Anand like that the next day itself. I don't understand what I should call myself stupid? Idiot? I don't know. When mom asked about Anand I covered it up saying he had a lot of work in the office so he couldn't manage to come with me. My dad indirectly told me that I shouldn't have left him alone as it might be difficult for Anand to do both the works of office and house.

From a week the only thought I have in my head is Anand.  How is he? What is he doing? How is he managing everything? Is he happy without me? Did he forget me? From a week I just kept roasting my brain over and over with all these questions.

At night it is more difficult. I had to console my heart that he is missing me too and he is going to come for me.  Though I doubt about it after remembering all those things I told him.

God!! When is he going to come for me? Will he?

I should have stayed there when he asked me to stay. I still don't understand why was I Soo confident that he was going to come for me and confess. It's been a week and I still see no sign of him.

What should I do now? Should I stay? Or go back to him? Will he make fun of me if I go back? And if I want to stay here for longer what reason should I give my parents?  Most importantly do he really love me? Or was it just my imagination?