Chapter - 11

My legs started shivering. My heart started beating faster. I wanted to react but I couldn't move an inch but somehow I managed to walk faster and then someone caught my hand. I paid no attention, at that time the only thing on my mind was Nikki.

"Anu"  a familiar voice said.

I turned to take a look. It was Anand.

"Anand?"

"What are you doing here? Look I.."

"Anand I can't talk to you right now and and please go back it's not safe here"  I said quickly.

"What? And.. why? " Anand was confused.

I didn't have time to explain it to him at that time. I pushed him little hard so that I can release my hand from his. He fell on the ground loosing balance. The expression on his face made me to feel guilt. 

I ran , quickly jumped from the wall without looking back. I never did this in my life but time taught me. I looked around searching for Nikki, I saw her sitting on the ground and wiping tears .

"Nikki?"

"Anu! See here my favorite bracelet had broken" she told wiping her tears like a kid.

"What the hell? " I can feel my face got red out of anger "are you mad ? Do you have any idea how scared I was ? Don't you take anything serious? " I shouted at her but somewhere i felt it wasn't her fault because she was like that. I know. I know it was a gift from her father and that's why she is reacting in this way and I was overreacting thinking something might happened to my stupid , idiot Nikki. I'm feeling like a fool right now!

Nikki remained calm

"Ok.. Nikki I feel it's better if you watch the house and I'll go in"

"But" I interrupted her saying "we don't have time to argue "

Nikki quickly jumped back to the other side of the wall keeping her bracelet in her pocket .

"Are you ok?"  I asked.

"Yeah" Nikki replied.

"Hmm" I took a breath and continued "there are lot of things going on the world other than your bracelet to pay attention"

"Mm.. I know" she said.

Somehow I managed to cross the wall but the question is how should I enter the house? Well, I have many options and the easier once are : 1) to break the lock of the door. 2) to break the glass of window.

Should I do this? I mean if I  did this Anil will come to know that we did this and he will surely come back of us. After thinking too much I broke the glass window and entered into that big house . I must say , the house was super cool. I fell in love with it. I wandered in the house like a kid who got lost in a mall.

I finally reached an untidy room.

"I think this is his room" I told to Nikki.

"How do you know?"

"Because it's dirty like his face" I laughed and Nikki joined.

I looked around for his phone  " I got his phone"  I said. Call disconnected.

I went ahead and typed password . Deleted everything. Checked once again no no twice . But I wasn't satisfied so I destroyed memory card and phone later. I was getting calls but I paid zero attention . I scanned his room and got nothing. My phone rang once again I was about to answer I heard someone saying  "seeing you after a long time!"

My heart fastened beating and it was so loud that I could hear it . Clearly. I was scared my legs refused to move. I still managed to turn around to  look at him

"A.. A. Anil" I said.

"Wow! Look at you. You look beautiful!  Actually more beautiful than the day you slapped me!"  His anger can be seen easily in his red blood eyes.

I could not utter a single word. I was so scared. I almost believed that I'm going to die no, no he is going to kill me.

"What do you think? I'm a fool? I told you I'm going to ruin your lives" his voice was harsh . He came close to me, looked straight into my eyes  "and I'm working on it "

"You know what? I never regretted slapping you. You deserve it !"  I said but honestly I don't have any idea from where these words came.

"How dare you" he raised his hand to slap me , I was still staring at him but then someone stopped his hand and stood between Anil and me like a shield.

"Anand!" I was surprised. To be honest I was happy to see him , protecting me.

"Don't ever dare to do that" Anand shouted twisting Anil's hand .

"Who the hell are you?"  Anil shouted.

"How does that matter to you?" I said loudly.

Anil release himself from Anand and threw him down.

"Who the hell are you?"  He asked punching in Anand's stomach.

"Anil leave him"  I shouted. He ignored me. I took something which was nearby and threw it on him. It hit him on his shoulder he screamed out of pain and released Anand. Anand gave a punch on his face. I quickly ran to him and tried to stop him but he wasn't listening to me . I caught his hand and dragged him out of the house.

Seeing us Nikki got relaxed.

"Thank God you both are safe" Nikki said breaking the silence .

I looked at Anand he remained silent staring the road blankly.

I cleaned my throat before speaking
"Anand?  Hm.. im. Im.. sorry"

"No. It.. it's not your fault" he took a deep breath before speaking again "but you could have told me . I can't even imagine what would have happened if  if  I didn't have come at the time.

I was about to say something, he continued  " promise me ! You will always take me with you when you are going for such adventures"

"I promise!" I said with a warm smile.