chapter 20

Anand's POV

Seeing her smiling today made me feel less guilty. Since our marriage the only emotion I saw on her face was sad and anger. I don't blame her for that. It's all my fault I did this to her. Every single day I regret saying yes to this marriage. She is a perfect girl that any man would wish for but I don't deserve her. Not after that accident.

Seeing her crying makes me mad. It kills me everytime she looked at me with those sad eyes. I tried my best to make her happy today. Her smile somehow lessened my guilt. I promised not only to her but also to myself that I will never ever ignore her and I will not let her cry anymore.

I entered the room after washing my face. She was sleeping like a baby, hugging herself. I lied down on the bed facing her wondering how she had manged to deal with my rudeness. I knew I was hurting her but I intentionally did that so that she would hate me one day and find someone who deserves her. I couldn't stop myself from smiling when I recalled what all we did today. She and Nikki were like two kids playing in a park, enjoying their own world.

I looked at Anu she looked beautiful and innocent like always. I remembered apologizing her thousand times silently. I recalled how I begged her not to get marry not to enter my hell life but she did. In these few days I understood that she loved her family more than anything and she always does what she feels is right. surprisingly she even care about me even though I hurt her so much. She has a beautiful heart that monster like me don't deserve it. I decided that I will take care of her, I will try not to hurt her and after few months I will do what's best for her. I know she will not agree to it but I have to try.

She is innocent don't hurt her' my inner voice told.

A bitter memory flashed

"Promise me you will never leave me"

"I promise." I said.

__________

Tears rolled down from my eyes. I couldn't keep my promise please forgive me.

"Anand!" The voice startled me.

Anu immediately sat up staring at me with horror. I cursed myself silently for acting so stupid. Now I know she will not even allow me to breath until I tell her why I was crying.

"Look I know you don't like sharing anything with me but I'm not going to let you escape this time"

Oh great! Like I expected

_______________________________________
Hey guys!!!

First of all, I am soo..... Sorry for making you guys wait this long. Actually when I changed my phone I somehow forgot my id and password of this account and to be frank I thought no one would care about this book but you guys did! Today I was shocked after reading all your comments and messages and trust me I felt so bad to make you guys wait so long. So I sat up and wrote this chapter for you.

Anyway I will update the chapters regularly from now so please keep supporting. And thank you guys for your votes and comments.