Chapter Sixty Two

Start from the beginning

"Jisung," Minho set Yeong on the soft bed and let him lay there as he took Jisung's hands in his own. "I have to do this. I have to."

"Why?" Jisung was getting worked up. "Why can't you just stay here instead of running off towards danger? Why can't you just stay here with me and your children and let someone else take the risks?"

"Do you know how you sound right now?" Minho whispered gently. "You sound like you're worried I might not come back."

"I am!" Jisung cried.

"I already told you," Minho leaned forward and rested both his palms on the sides of Jisung's face, bringing it closer to his own. "I will not leave you again, right?" he leaned forward and left a trace of his lips on Jisung's.

Jisung was not having that. He reached forward and dragged Minho into his chest, sending them falling onto the side of the bed together, lips pressed firmly together.

Minho's soft lips moved against his own, and Jisung found himself lost in Minho. All of him.

Minho's teeth softly brushed against Jisung's lips, nibbling softly before he pulled away and stared at Jisung with expectant eyes.

"DaDa!"

Both men whirled around to find Yeong staring at them with wide eyes. "What are you doing, Dada?"

Minho glanced over at Jisung. "We'll finish this later," he murmured under his breath before he stood up from the bed and walked around to the other side to pick Yeong up. "What are we doing? You silly boy, what are you doing?" Minho tickled Yeong, making the small child laugh and twist in his arms.

Jisung looked after him with a smirk playing at his lips.

~oOo~

"Changbin..." Yongbok was tying his hanbok back around his waist as he glanced back at his partner, who was still laying in the bed. The Lee Prince sighed and walked to Changbin's side and lay across his lap. "I want to ask you something."

"Okay... what do you want to ask?" Changbin asked as he stared down at Yongbok's face. "What's with that look? What are you thinking about?"

Yongbok paused before he sighed. "I'm just... wondering if we're all going to come out of this alive. That is, us and our friends. Do you think.... do you think some of us might die?"

"I have no way or predicting whether or not some of us will die," Changbin whispered back as he pushed Yongbok's hair out of his face. "I will tell you something though... I've seen Minho training these past few months, and he'll do everything in his power to make sure that nobody he cares about is hurt. And I will do the same," he leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Yongbok's forehead.

Yongbok sighed and leaned back, longing to forget everything that was happening and just live in the moment with Changbin.

They honestly didn't know how long they had together. Every night they spent together they cherished, because they might not have another one.

The same could be said for everyone in the base, and all the soldiers camping behind it. They all tried to enjoy the time they had here as much as they could when they were not training with Minho, because all too soon, it would be over and war would be upon them.

The first week of training had come and gone, the soldiers improving by large amounts under Minho's watchful eye. They would go out at dawn, come back just before sundown and then enjoy a nice dinner and a good rest before they got up and did it all over again.

Minho was reassured at their successful training, but at the same time, he was concerned. Even if they did have the advantage of the water and the forest, they were still very outnumbered. The numbers that were rising to fight against their own troops... they were no joke.