First Kiss

Julian's POV

It had gotten quiet once I stopped pounding on things. I really wanted to go talk to Scarrlette but I didn't know how she would react to me knocking on her dorm room. I sat by the wall that separated our rooms. I was going to try and see what she was doing. So I put my ear against the wall and listened, nothing but silence. Maybe she had fallen asleep?

I decided to go check and see if she was up or not. I had to talk to her and set things right. So I walked over to her room and knocked softly on the door. I stood there waiting for her to answer. When she finally answered I felt both relief and worry.

"Can I help you Professor?" she was playing dumb.

"Scarrlette, we need to talk," I said softly.

"About what? There is nothing to talk about. You shared your feelings that's ok. I don't blame you for anything. Now if you excuse me, I'd like to head back to my bed now,"

"Wait please..... I wanted to say I am sorry for just saying that and then slamming the door in your face. It was wrong of me to do."

"I am not blaming you for anything. I know you were just saying what was wrong. I just reacted how I normally would when I receive shocking news."

"Scarrlette, I really do love you though. I wish I could act upon it, but I can't."

"Because you will lose your job, I know."

"Not just that. I don't want to put you through that pain."

"I have been through enough pain to know when more is coming. I think I can handle myself."

I was debating wether to kiss her or not. I wanted to so badly, but I didn't want to upset her.

"Professor?"

"Yes?"

"You are starting to worry me. The face you just made was crazy."

"I am sorry. I just keep thinking about what I had said to you."

"That's a lie, if you were thinking about that you wouldn't look like you were trying to kiss me."

"You're right. I do want to kiss you, badly."

"Well, I don't know what you want me to do professor."

"Give this a chance. Try and see what happens. If you don't love me I can leave but other wise give me a chance."

I could tell that she was thinking good and long about this. She didn't want to be hurt.

"I won't hurt you, I promise"

"I don't know that though... I don't know if you are going to hurt me or not"

"Then try and give this a chance. Just fall, I promise I will catch you."

"I don't know... I guess I can try... But if you don't catch me, you will be sorry."

I didn't wait another second. I grabbed her and pulled her to me. I put my lips to hers softly, waiting to see if she would react. Her arms went around my neck and I smiled against her lips. I pulled away after a few moments and opened my eyes to see how she would react.

"I am so sorry. I just got so happy."

She smiled and then looked at me.

"It's ok. I should probably go back to my room now... Thanks for talking to me, I guess I will see you around. Bye, professor."

"Julian."

"Excuse me?"

"My name. It's Julian."

"Ok... Well goodnight Julian."

I watched her turn around and walk back into her room. To me she was absolutely beautiful. No one could ever compare to her. I know we just met but I felt she was the love of my life.

I know it sounded so stupid to say a man like myself loved one of my students. I Julian Smith loved Scarrlette Johnson....

***********************************

Well I hope you like it. Tell me what you think. Vote, comment, or just read it. I love you guys :)

~Scarrlette