A showcase with @Revan1466, author of Thunderstorm

1 what inspired the idea ofyour story?

 I first came up with the idea of Thunderstorm around 2017 (possibly March or April, but I don't remember the specific month) when my friend and I were driving to Sonic's. For added context, I had a lot of anxiety at that time, mostly surrounding extremely unlikely, dangerous situations, like earthquakes, tornados(which aren't very common where I live), and, you guessed it, asteroids. Anyway, as my friend was driving, a thunderstorm started, and, being the anxiety-filled person I was, I started to panic briefly. "What if lightening struck the car?" I would think. "What if...." And I continued down this train of thought for only a few seconds, but in those few seconds I had one thought that would change everything. "What if an asteroid hit Earth?" Of course, I dismissed the thought at first, but after contemplating the idea more I thought: "What would happen if it did?" And immediately after, I began to write would what later be the first draft of the prologue for Thunderstorm in my Notes app(I had originally called the note [Title in Progress], 1002020, then finally settled on "Thunderstorm" a few months and one phone later.). I could talk about that early stage for hours, but I think this answer is long enough on its own, lol.

2 What was something you struggled with for your story?

 Ending the chapters. I think with almost every chapter after Chapter 20, I've struggled a lot with being able to end them because I was worried about it becoming too repetitive. 

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

 Mostly positive, thankfully I haven't gotten any extremely negative comments or feedback yet. I've received a lot of constructive criticism too, most of which I agree with, haha, since the book is still in the editing stage.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

 I think I enjoyed writing Part 1 the most, mostly chapters 7-15 because I had a clearer idea of what those chapters were going to be about. I loved writing the romantic tension between Jennifer and Ben.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of series? 

Stand alone for now. A couple years ago, I started to write prequels, but I don't think I'll continue them for a while. I'm almost completely sure that there won't be any sequels. 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

 I don't think there was ever a specific message behind Thunderstorm, but a theme that I tried to convey in the later chapters was how easily history can repeat itself. Mostly, all I want is for my readers to enjoy my books, and if I can improve their day even the slightest, then my work is done! 

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

 Never give up on your dream. Even if you can't write a sentence for months, never give up on it. I've had to take countless breaks from my books, and it helps me to think of my books as if they were a movie or TV show when I write them to help speed up the process. 

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 I think almost all my characters have at least a small part of myself in them, and Jennifer is definitely no exception. We're both afraid of heights, and I think both she and Ben have parts of my sense of humor too(Jennifer has my sarcasm, and Ben has my occasional witty cleverness). 

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

 More diverse characters. At this point, it's too late to add any new characters in Thunderstorm, but I might add more diverse characters in my future books.

10 do you have any future projects? 

Tons! I have another book published here called Crimson Shadow that is a lot more similar to the majority of my other books. I mostly write vampire novels, both romance and horror.