looking back at the past

we sat there for a few hours maybe every thirty minutes we would get one customer that would by some makeup and a few that would just be browsing. it was getting to the end of my shift so we started to put some shippment back and cleaning up the the store getting ready for the next day. we still had maybe 30 minutes before we were offically closed and a customer came in. she wa super pretty kinda tall maybe bout 5^7 slim with an amazing body she was lightskinned very fair complexion.

"hi im here to see Ray, is he still here" she said..

"oh he went to the back want me to go get him" i said counting out one register..

"umm yea if you can i'm kinda in a hurry" she said looking at some foundation just then Ray came walking to the front from the back room..

"Hey girl how you been its been a minute" he said giving the girl a hug. i just stood there still counting out one drawer.

" yea it has but i'm back and i need you for atleast a week i had this one chick do mah makeup and it was so basic" she said lauging

"oh shoot lemme introduce you to my friend and Future business partner, Maliyah this is my baby Asia, Asia this is Maliyah, Maliyah does makeup also,"

"hi how are you" she said to me i smiled and went back to putting the money in the drop bags.

"So Maliyah you do make up, you have to be good if you with my boi Ray," Asia said smiling

"yea i'am" i said walking behind the counter

"well i have a photoshoot thursday at The club i work at Ray why dont you bring ya girl and she can do the make up for the other girls"

" yea thats dope text me the time and bitch we therr" he said laughin,

"Oh thats dope where do you work if you dont mind me asking" i said

"Magic City come thru, lemme go Ray i will call you later and nice meeting you Malyiah"

"yea most def i would love too" i said smiling.. we finished up closing up the store and Ray friend Asia bought a few things she was low on and left. i got my purse and Ray waited for me by the front door..After we locked up the store we went to the parking lot to get into our cars ..

"so how long have known Asia?" i said walking on the side of him

"man Asia and i go back she came from California, and started stripping i met her threw a few friends and we always just clicked she hella cool peoples too i believe she only 23 she a real hustler and i started doing her makeup"

" oh thats whats up, well i cant wait to work with her"

"well i gotta date so lemme go i dont work tomorrow so call me or text me" he said giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. i walked over to my car and hopped in putting on the heat i made my way back to my house. i walked in the door and i had no sign of my cousin she must have left i closed the door behind me and locked it and put my purse on the dinning room table. flopped down on my sofa with jus a tanktop on and underwear i looked at my phone and i noticed i had 5 text msgs and 4 missed calls two from august and one from some random number and another from my bank. i looked at the txt msgs they were from August..

August- hey baybeh you busy .. ion knw when ya ass get off work but hit me back

August- oh yea i'ma stop by once im finished here..

i just smiled and locked my phone back he text me this like 20 minutes ago i went back to browsing the tv and i heard a knock on the door.. i turned to tv to mute just to be sure and it was this beat type knock i just laughed it has to be a black person ... so i got up and walk to the door and look threw the peephole and it was August. i was excited to see him i opened the door and jumped on him he kinda lost his balance just a little and adjusted me in his arms. i wrapped my legs around him and he cupped my butt and kissed me.

" damn you missed me" he said smiling walking into the house

"yea i guess i missed you a little" i said kissing his cheek. he carried me all the way to the sofa and set down i was sitting in his lap.

"so you missed ah nigxa little i wonder what you gone do when you miss me alot" he said moving my hair out my face.

"so how was your day, what is it that you do by the way" i said putting his hands into mine.

"i sing"

"get out shut up are you serious, you dont look like a singer" i was laughing i couldnt believe what i was hearing.

" yea i do sing"

"lemme hear something then cause ion believe you" i said crossing my fingers

" you calling me a liar" he said smiling

" you gon do it or nah" i waited trying not to smile.

" ight what you wanna hear" he said licking his lips placing his hands back on my butt.

"umm ion know what you was working on in the studio"

" aight i gotchu" he started to sing a song called make it home and i jus set there on his lap in aww.

"I hope you get them right Girl if I don't make it home" he looked at me and leaned in kissing my lips a smile spread across his lips,

" you can really sing, so thats wat you be doing all day singing in the studio,are you signed yet"

"nah not yet but we talking to a few people and shit so i'm just outchea on my grind trying to make it and shit". we talked the whole night about his situation his mother and his brothers murder i would say that we became more then just friends. he told me things that he never told anyone else before it was beautiful that he chose to open up to me.