Part eleven

Tuesday, April 8th 1980

Point place Wisconsin

Eric Foreman's basement

1:02

No one had heard from Hyde. Last time he was gone for this long he came back with Samatha. Everyone was worried, especially Jackie but she couldn't say that. Kelso was disappointed he didn't get to say goodbye to him but he had to go so it was what it was.

The friends werre all just sitting in the basement doing their usua. But of course Jackie's mind was wondering where Hyde was. His white chair was just sitting there unoccumpied and for some reason it unsettled her. He was always there in that stupid chair with a stupid beer, commenting snarky remarks on everyone.

"This show is ridiculous," Eric said, getting up and turning off the TV.

"How can you guys act like everything is ok when Steven hasn't been heard from in week!" Jackie finally snapped, standing up.

"Jackie, calm down," Donna said standing up with her friend.

"I will not calm down! He could be hurt!" she said.

"He also could be off blowing steam like he always does," Eric said, trying to defend him.

"We all know what happened the last time," Fez chimed in, with jellybeans stuffed in his mouth. Jackie lifted her hand towards him indicating she agreed.

"He's probably fine," Eric said.

"Your supposed to care! He's basically your brother!" Jackie said.

"Hey I do care!" Eric said standing up. "If he doesn't want help then I can't give it! You should learn that because not everyone wants queen Jackie's help!" Eric said.

"He's been gone for three weeks," Jackie said, getting quiet with tears brimming her eyes.

"Why do you even care?" Eric asked.

"Eric leave Jackie alone," Fez said. She was surprised that Fez was standing up for her because she thought that he was still mad.

"Why should I? I mean did any of us really like her? She's a mean little midget who thinks she's better then all of us!" Eric said.

"I thought that you all would see that I've changed but I guess not," she said. She stormed out and went to her apartment.

She thought that they were her friends. How could they hurt her like that? Did they all think that? Maybe all the changing she did was for nothing. Maybe she should get out of this lousy town, leave it all behind.

She could go to France, or New york! Just anywhere away from here. She hated it here and she now knew that everyone here hated her. But in the middle of her thoughts she got a call.

"Hello?" she said. Her eyes widened when the other person spoke.

"Hey Jackie," Steven said.

"Steven! Are you ok? Where are you? What happen-" she started but she got cut off by his voice.

"I'm fine, I just need you to do something," he said.

"Ok?" she said hesitantly.

"Meet me at this adress," he said. She grabbed a piece of paper and then wrote it down.

"Why?" she asked.

"You'll see when you get there now just please
meet me there at 7:30 tonight," he said.

"Uh ok," she said. He said bye.