prologue

In April of 2016, as the school year came to an end, the school board at the esteemed Ouran Academy started a new program that was sure to be popular with its students. The program would take seven students, including one scholarship student, to the U.S.A. At first, nobody applied. Who would want to go to the U.S. when they were fine in their own mansions? The houses weren't nearly as big as the ones they lived in. Japan was familiar. The U.S. seemed trashy and unknown.

Finally, after getting thirty scholarship applications and three Ouran Academy student applications, the school threw in more freebies. After all, who would want to send a bunch of middle class students who were dying to get into this school for free? So after meeting again, the school board made another decision. Instead of charging double the usual tuition, they lowered it to one and a half times more than usual tuition. This money would pay for flights to and from Japan, and included the most lavish mansion in that area, the top private schools, and the most experienced housekeepers and chefs. The students could either hire a driver or bring over their own cars and get guaranteed parking at that school. The Ouran Academy students would be the one choosing which school they would all attend, because they couldn't trust some scholarship kid to do it.

They also promised that once these students left, they wouldn't take anymore students to the U.S. until the current students in the U.S. graduated. Some people thought this made the position "limited edition," and just had to have that spot. Rich people just had to have the rarest items, and in their eyes this was one of them.

The applications flooded in all of a sudden, as the new school year in Japan began. There were still a few months left until the American school year started so students were anxiously waiting for the results. They needed to do a large shopping spree for their trip to the states, and they needed a lot of time to do it. The sooner the results came out would be better.

The newly formed host club was determined to get the spots in this. It was their crazy president's idea for their club to go "global," whatever that meant. Not only would they go global, but if they went to a public school, they could finally interact with real "commoners." It was perfect, according to the first year leader. The twins, who were third years in middle school, would be in high school with the rest of the club. The leader and his classmate would be sophomores, while the older two would be juniors, just in time to begin the college process.

The rest of the club didn't quite see the "brilliance" of this plan. They had just started this host club, which was extremely popular. After threatening to quit many times, the twins and the other first year finally agreed. That's only because the leader decided to pay the bill for the first fifty restaurants they will visit in the U.S.

Finally, the day before it was due, their applications were submitted. The older two and the leader gladly applied, while the twins and the leader's classmate did so begrudgingly.

In late June, the school made its announcement. Two middle school third years, two high school first years, and two second years would be going to Japan. Their names? Hikaru Hitachiin (3rd yr), Kaoru Hitachiin (3rd yr), Tamaki Suoh (1st yr), Kyoya Ootori (1st yr), Mitsukuni "Honey" Haninozuka (2nd yr), and Takashi "Mori" Morinozuka (2nd yr). The beloved host club was going to the U.S.

So maybe having Tamaki's dad, the club president, on the school board helped after all.

The girls cried and cried, but the host club was going no matter what, and promised to update their blog often. Their blog, being a Patreon, with $50 to $1000 tiers.

Okay so we have the six Ouran Academy students. Then who was the scholarship student?

The scholarship student was a third year, who was hoping to be a scholarship student in high school. Her name? Haruhi Fujioka (3rd yr).